Deriving a Global Social Accounting Matrix from GTAP Versions 5 and 6 Data
AbstractThis paper reports a method for converting versions 5 and 6 of the GTAP Data Base into a global SAM that is stored in both the GAMS data exchange (GDX) and Header Array (HAR) formats. The focus of attention is on the generation of a SAM representation of the GTAP Data Base that is fully consistent with the GTAP Model; as such the resultant SAM can be readily used to calibrate a version of the GTAP Model that had been coded in GAMS. The GAMS code used to generate the SAM representation of the GTAP Data Base is provided as a GAMS model library – this code has been tested with versions 5.3, 5.4 and 6.0 (pre release 5) of the GTAP Data Base.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University in its series GTAP Technical Papers with number 1645.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Note: GTAP Technical Paper No. 22
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1145 Krannert Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1145
Phone: (765) 494-4267
Fax: 765 494-9176
Web page: http://www.gtap.agecon.purdue.edu/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-02 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karen Thierfelder & Scott McDonald, 2012. "Globe v1: A SAM Based Global CGE Model using GTAP Data," Departmental Working Papers 39, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Orlov, Anton & Grethe, Harald & McDonald, Scott, 2013. "Carbon taxation in Russia: Prospects for a double dividend and improved energy efficiency," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 128-140.
- McDonald, Scott & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 2008. "Asian Growth and Trade Poles: India, China, and East and Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 210-234, February.
- McDonald, Scott & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 2006. "Impact of switching production to bioenergy crops: The switchgrass example," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 243-265, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeremy Douglas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.