A SAM Based Global CGE Model using GTAP Data January 2005
AbstractThis paper provides a technical description of a global computable general equilibrium (CGE) model that is calibrated from a Social Accounting Matrix (SAM) representation of the Global Trade Analysis Project (GTAP) database. A distinctive feature of the model is the treatment of nominal and real exchange rates and hence the specification of multiple numéraire.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2005001.
Length: 63 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2005
Date of revision: Jan 2005
Computable General Equilibrium; GTAP.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
- F49 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kilkenny, Maureen & Robinson, Sherman, 1990.
"Computable General Equilibrium Analysis of Agricultural Liberalization: Factor Mobility and Macro Closure,"
Staff General Research Papers
11124, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kilkenny, Maureen & Robinson, Sherman, 1990. "Computable general equilibrium analysis of agricultural liberalization: Factor mobility and macro closure," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 527-556.
- Scott McDonald & Yontem Sonmez, 2004. "Augmenting the GTAP Database with Data on Inter-Regional Transactions," Working Papers 2004009, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2004.
- van Schoor, Melt & McDonald, Scott & Punt, Cecilia, 2004. "SeeResults: A Spreadsheet Application for the Analysis of CGE Model Results," Technical Paper Series 15624, PROVIDE Project.
- A. K. Sen, 1963. "Neo‐Classical And Neo‐Keynbsian Theories Of Distribution," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 39(85), pages 53-64, 03.
- Calzadilla, Alvaro & Zhu, Tingju & Rehdanz, Katrin & Tol, Richard S.J. & Ringler, Claudia, 2009.
"Economywide impacts of climate change on agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
873, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Calzadilla, Alvaro & Zhu, Tingju & Rehdanz, Katrin & Tol, Richard S.J. & Ringler, Claudia, 2013. "Economywide impacts of climate change on agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 150-165.
- Marco Fugazza & Jean-Christophe Maur, 2008. "Non-Tariff Barriers In Computable General Equilibrium Modelling," UNCTAD Blue Series Papers 38, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2011. "The GTAP-W model: accounting for water use in agriculture," Kiel Working Papers 1745, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- McDonald, Scott & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 2006. "Impact of switching production to bioenergy crops: The switchgrass example," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 243-265, March.
- Pamela Coke Hamilton & Yvonne Tsikata & Emmanuel Pinto Moreira, 2009. "Accelerating Trade and Integration in the Caribbean : Policy Options for Sustained Growth, Job Creation, and Poverty Reduction," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2652, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Georgios Efthyvoulou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.