Segregación ocupacional de la mujer en el mercado de trabajo del Uruguay (1986-1997)
AbstractThe objetive of this paper has been to analyze the evolution of occupational segregation by gender in Uruguay and in particular if the evolution was associated to the wage gap trends. There are high level of segregation in Uruguay and they had not important changes during the 1990s.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics - dECON in its series Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) with number 0502.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://www.fcs.edu.uy/subcategoria.php?SubCatId=48&CatId=53
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Maximo Rossi & Zuleika Ferre, 2004. "Segregación ocupacional de la mujer en el mercado de trabajo del Uruguay (1986-1997)," Labor and Demography 0409011, EconWPA.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicole M. Fortin & Michael Huberman, 2001. "Occupational Gender Segregation : Public Policies and Economic Forces," CIRANO Project Reports 2001rp-05, CIRANO.
- Neuman, Shoshana & Silber, Jacques, 1994. "The econometrics of labor market segregation and discrimination," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 1-4, March.
- Macpherson, David A & Hirsch, Barry T, 1995. "Wages and Gender Composition: Why Do Women's Jobs Pay Less?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(3), pages 426-71, July.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F., 2002.
"Recent Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender: A Look Across the Atlantic,"
IZA Discussion Papers
524, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Juan J. Dolado & Florentino Felgueroso & Juan F. Jimeno., . "Recent Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender: A Look Across the Atlantic," Working Papers 2002-11, FEDEA.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan Francisco, 2002. "Recent Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender: A Look Across the Atlantic," CEPR Discussion Papers 3421, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Juan J. Dolado & Florentino Felgueroso & Juan F. Jimeno, 2002. "Recent Trends In Occupational Segregation By Gender: A Look Across The Atlantic," Economics Working Papers we023011, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Solomon William Polachek, 1985. "Occupation Segregation: A Defense of Human Capital Predictions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(3), pages 437-440.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Irene Musio) or (Héctor Pastori).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.