Occupation Segregation: A Defense of Human Capital Predictions
AbstractThis article examines worker sorting across occupations in response to the risk of death on the job. We use family structure as a proxy for willingness to trade safety for wages to test the proposition that workers with strong aversion to this risk sort ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Journal of Human Resources.
Volume (Year): 20 (1985)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://jhr.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas DeLeire & Helen Levy, 2001.
"Gender, Occupation Choice and the Risk of Death at Work,"
NBER Working Papers
8574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas DeLeire & Helen Levy, 2001. "Gender, Occupation Choice and the Risk of Death at Work," Working Papers, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago 0122, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Zuleika Ferré & Máximo Rossi, 2002.
"Segregación ocupacional de la mujer en el mercado de trabajo del Uruguay (1986-1997),"
Documentos de Trabajo (working papers), Department of Economics - dECON
0502, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Maximo Rossi & Zuleika Ferre, 2004. "Segregación ocupacional de la mujer en el mercado de trabajo del Uruguay (1986-1997)," Labor and Demography, EconWPA 0409011, EconWPA.
- Wahlberg, Roger, 2008. "The Gender Wage Gap across the Wage Distribution in the Private and Public Sectors," Working Papers in Economics, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics 317, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Hansen, Jörgen & Wahlberg, Roger, 2000. "Occupational Gender Composition and Wages in Sweden," IZA Discussion Papers 217, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carlsson, Magnus & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2008. "An Experimental Study of Sex Segregation in the Swedish Labour Market: Is Discrimination the Explanation?," IZA Discussion Papers 3811, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.