Valuating Payoff Streams under Unequal Discount Factors
AbstractWe study repeated prize allocation problem when the discount factors f the agents are not equal. It is shown that the feasible set of payoffs is not well behaved. In particular, it is not convex as it contains holes and caves. The Pareto frontier is everywhere discontinuous and there is an open subset of discount factors such that the feasible set is totally disconnected.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Aboa Centre for Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 16.
Date of creation: Jun 2007
Date of revision:
payoffs; differentiated discount factor; repeated games;
Other versions of this item:
- Salonen, Hannu & Vartiainen, Hannu, 2008. "Valuating payoff streams under unequal discount factors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 595-598, June.
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Drew Fudenberg & Eric Maskin, 1988.
"Nash and Perfect Equilibria of Discounted Repeated Gains,"
499, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Fudenberg, D. & Maskin, E., 1990. "Nash and perfect equilibria of discounted repeated games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 194-206, June.
- D. Fudenberg and E. Maskin., 1987. "Nash and Perfect Equilibria of Discounted Repeated Games," Economics Working Papers 8736, University of California at Berkeley.
- Ehud Lehrer & Ady Pauzner, 1999. "Repeated Games with Differential Time Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(2), pages 393-412, March.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Maskin, Eric, 1991.
"On the dispensability of public randomization in discounted repeated games,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 428-438, April.
- Drew Fudenberg & Eric Maskin, 1987. "On the Dispensability of Public Randomization in Discounted Repeated Games," Working papers 467, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Yuichi Yamamoto, 2010. "The use of public randomization in discounted repeated games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 431-443, July.
- Chen, Bo & Takahashi, Satoru, 2012. "A folk theorem for repeated games with unequal discounting," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 571-581.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aleksandra Maslowska).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.