Effects of the Interest Rate Defense on Exchange Rates During the 1994 Crisis in Turkey
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey in its series Working Papers with number 0214.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ilan Goldfajn & Poonam Gupta, 1999.
"Does monetary policy stabilize the exchange rate following a currency crisis?,"
Textos para discussÃ£o
396, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Ilan Goldfajn & Poonam Gupta, 2003. "Does Monetary Policy Stabilize the Exchange Rate Following a Currency Crisis?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 50(1), pages 5.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Poonam Gupta, 1999. "Does Monetary Policy Stabilize the Exchange Rate Following a Currency Crisis?," IMF Working Papers 99/42, International Monetary Fund.
- Kraay, Aart, 2000.
"Do high interest rates defend currencies during speculative attacks ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2267, The World Bank.
- Kraay, Aart, 2003. "Do high interest rates defend currencies during speculative attacks?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 297-321, March.
- Berument, Hakan, 2007.
"Measuring monetary policy for a small open economy: Turkey,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 411-430, June.
- Hakan Berument, 2005. "Measuring Monetary Policy for A Small Open Economy : Turkey," Departmental Working Papers 0509, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Dekle, Robert & Hsiao, Cheng & Wang, Siyan, 2002. "High Interest Rates and Exchange Rate Stabilization in Korea, Malaysia, and Thailand: An Empirical Investigation of the Traditional and Revisionist Views," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 64-78, February.
- Michael P. Dooley & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2003. "Managing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number dool03-1.
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
- David M. Gould & Steven B. Kamin, 2000. "The impact of monetary policy on exchange rates during financial crises," International Finance Discussion Papers 669, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis: Diagnosis, Remedies, Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 1-90.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & McDermott, C. John & Ucer, Murat, 1997.
"Fiscal imbalances, capital inflows, and the real exchange rate: The case of Turkey,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 819-825, April.
- E. Murat Ucer & C. John McDermott & Pierre-Richard AgÃ©nor, 1997. "Fiscal Imbalances, Capital Inflows, and the Real Exchange Rate: The Case of Turkey," IMF Working Papers 97/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Dekle, Robert & Hsiao, Cheng & Wang, Siyan, 2001. " Do High Interest Rates Appreciate Exchange Rates during Crisis? The Korean Evidence," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(3), pages 359-80, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gulhanim Kayatas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.