Banking: a mechanism design approach
Abstractreneging on obligations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Economic Dynamics in its series 2009 Meeting Papers with number 635.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Christian Zimmermann Economic Research Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis PO Box 442 St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David C. Mills, Jr, 2008.
"Imperfect Monitoring And The Discounting Of Inside Money,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(3), pages 737-754, 08.
- David C. Mills, Jr., 2007. "Imperfect monitoring and the discounting of inside money," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-58, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ping He & Lixin Huang & Randall Wright, 2005. "Money And Banking In Search Equilibrium," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(2), pages 637-670, 05.
- Cavalcanti, Ricardo de O & Wallace, Neil, 1999.
"Inside and Outside Money as Alternative Media of Exchange,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 443-57, August.
- Ricardo de O. Cavalcanti & Neil Wallace, 1999. "Inside and outside money as alternative media of exchange," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 443-468.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2008. "Microeconomics of Banking, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262062704, June.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2007.
"Commitment and equilibrium bank runs,"
274, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983.
"Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 401-19, June.
- Hayne E. Leland and David H. Pyle., 1976.
"Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
41, University of California at Berkeley.
- Leland, Hayne E & Pyle, David H, 1977. "Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 371-87, May.
- David Andolfatto & Ed Nosal & Neil Wallace, 2006.
"The role of independence in the Green-Lin Diamond-Dybvig model,"
0615, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Andolfatto, David & Nosal, Ed & Wallace, Neil, 2007. "The role of independence in the Green-Lin Diamond-Dybvig model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 709-715, November.
- Peck, James & Shell, Karl, 2001.
"Equilibrium Bank Runs,"
01-10r, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & John Moore, 2005. "Financial Deepening," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 701-713, 04/05.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1989. "Currency and Credit in a Private Information Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1323-44, December.
- Chao Gu & Randall Wright, 2011.
"Endogenous Credit Cycles,"
NBER Working Papers
17510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Wright & Chao Gu, 2011. "Endogenous Credit Cycles," 2011 Meeting Papers 373, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Chao Gu & Randall Wright, 2011. "Endogenous credit cycles," Working Papers 689, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Chao Gu & Randall Wright, 2010. "Endogenous Credit Cycles," Working Papers 1011, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Williamson, Stephen D. & Wright, Randall, 2010.
"New Monetarist Economics: Methods,"
21486, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillaume Rocheteau, 2011.
"The cost of inflation: a mechanism design approach,"
1103, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Rocheteau, Guillaume, 2012. "The cost of inflation: A mechanism design approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(3), pages 1261-1279.
- Randall Wright & Vaidyanathan (Venky) Venkateswaran, 2012. "Pledgability and Liquidity," 2012 Meeting Papers 601, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Oliver D. Hart & Luigi Zingales, 2011.
"Inefficient Provision of Liquidity,"
NBER Working Papers
17299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillaume Rocheteau, 2011. "On the coexistence of money and higher-return assets and its social role," Working Paper 1104, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.