Economic Analysis of the Droit de Suite - The Artist's Resale Royalty
AbstractThe paper reviews Droit de Suite legislation which will provide that living artists and the estates of recently dead artists will receive a percentage royalty on resales of their work.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia in its series Discussion Papers Series with number 301.
Date of creation: Jan 2002
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- J. D. Stanford, 2003. "Economic Analysis Of The Droit De Suite- The Artist's Resale Royalty," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 386-398, December.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karp, Larry & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1992.
"Legal Requirements that Artists Receive Resale Royalties,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt33f9k5bw, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Karp, Larry S. & Perloff, Jeffery M., 1993. "Legal requirements that artists receive resale royalties," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 163-177, June.
- Michael F. Bryan, 1985. "Beauty and the bulls: the investment characteristics of paintings," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 2-10.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-58, December.
- MacDonald, Glenn M, 1988. "The Economics of Rising Stars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 155-66, March.
- Robynne Quiggin & John Quiggin, 2007.
"Intellectual Property and Indigenous Culture,"
Australian Public Policy Program Working Papers
WPP07_1, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- Quiggin, Robynne & Quiggin, John, 2007. "Intellectual Property and Indigenous Culture," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151515, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Randal Anderson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.