Beauty and the bulls: the investment characteristics of paintings
AbstractAn examination of the investment and consumption characteristics of the paintings market between 1971 and 1984, using the capital asset pricing model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its journal Economic Review.
Volume (Year): (1985)
Issue (Month): Q I ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. D. Stanford, 2003.
"Economic Analysis Of The Droit De Suite- The Artist's Resale Royalty,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 386-398, December.
- Dr Jon D. Stanford, 2002. "Economic Analysis of the Droit de Suite - The Artist's Resale Royalty," Discussion Papers Series 301, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:26:y:2007:i:5:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Candela, Guido & Castellani, Massimiliano & Pattitoni, Pierpaolo, 2013. "Reconsidering psychic return in art investments," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 351-354.
- Calin Valsan, 2002. "Canadian versus American Art: What Pays Off and Why," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 203-216, August.
- Jianping Mei & Michael Moses, 2002. "Art as an Investment and the Underperformance of Masterpieces," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1656-1668, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.