O custo de transporte como barreira ao comércio na integração econômica: o caso do nordeste
[The cost of transportation as a barrier to trade in economic integration: the case of northeast]
AbstractThe Brazilian integration strategy has been focused on agreements based upon North-South and South-South negotiations. However, this kind of negotiations face serious troubles to be done. Consequently, the option of the internal economic integration might be more viable in terms of social welfare gains and promotion of regional equity. To do this, an spatial applied general equilibrium model was elaborated for analyzing economic integration policies in the country. This model incorporates explicitly transport cost as a trade barrier. The model is specified for five Brazilian macro-regions and five external regions (Nafta, Asia, European Union, Alcsa and rest of the World). Several economic integration options were simulated in order to analyze what are the best ones for the country and for Nordeste, appraised in terms of economic efficiency and regional equity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31513.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
economic integration; spatial applied general equilibrium model; transport costs; Nordeste;
Other versions of this item:
- De Almeida, Eduardo Simoes & Guilhoto, Joaquim, 2013. "O Custo De Transporte Como Barreira Ao Comércio Na Integração Econômica: O Caso Do Nordeste," 44th Congress, July 23-27, 2006, Fortaleza, CearÃ¡, Brazil 146589, Sociedade Brasileira de Economia, Administracao e Sociologia Rural (SOBER).
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Márcia Batista da Fonseca & Alvaro Barrantes Hidalgo, 2004. "Os Impactos Da Alca Sobre As Exportações Agrícolas Brasileiras," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 059, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Johannes BrÃcker, 1998. "original: Operational spatial computable general equilibrium modeling," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 367-387.
- Honorio Kume & Guida Piani & Pedro Miranda & Marta Castilho, 2004.
"Acordo De Livre Comércio Mercosul - União Européia: Uma Estimativa Dos Impactos No Comércio Brasileiro,"
Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
082, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Honório Kume & Pedro Miranda & Marta Reis Castilho, 2004. "Acordo de Livre-Comércio Mercosul-União Européia : Uma Estimativa dos Impactos no Comércio Brasileiro," Discussion Papers 1054, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Bröcker, Johannes & Schneider, Martin, 1999.
"How does economic development in eastern Europe affect Austria's regions? A multiregional general equilibrium framework,"
1/99, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Transportation and Traffic Sciences "Friedrich List", Institute for Transport and Economics.
- Johannes Bröcker & Martin Schneider, 2002. "How Does Economic Development in Eastern Europe Affect Austria's Regions? A Multiregional General Equilibrium Framework," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 257-285.
- Eduardo Simoes de Almeida & Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Geoffrey Hewings, 2010. "Transport-Regional Equity Issue Revisited," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(10), pages 1387-1400.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.