Australian telephone network subscription and calling demands: evidence from a stated-preference experiment
AbstractThis paper examines the impact of the subscription-calling rate structure on the demand for residential telephone network subscription and calling. Stated-preference experimental data are used to estimate demand equations. The results indicate that household network subscription and calling demands for the Sydney Metropolitan Area are affected by both rate structure and household socio-demographic variables.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10681.
Date of creation: 1993
Date of revision:
Telecommunications demand; Subscription-calling rate structure; Stated-preference experimental analysis; Survey;
Other versions of this item:
- Madden, Gary & Bloch, Harry & Hensher, David, 1993. "Australian telephone network subscription and calling demands: evidence from a stated-preference experiment," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 207-230, October.
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Park, Rolla Edward & Wetzel, Bruce M & Mitchell, Bridger M, 1983. "Price Elasticities for Local Telephone Calls," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1699-730, November.
- Mitchell, Bridger M, 1978. "Optimal Pricing of Local Telephone Service," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 517-37, September.
- Aigner, Dennis J., 1979. "A brief introduction to the methodology of optimal experimental design," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 7-26, September.
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-62, March.
- Conlisk, John, 1973. "Choice of Response Functional Form in Designing Subsidy Experiments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 643-56, July.
- Conlisk, John, 1979. "Design for simultaneous equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 63-76, September.
- Mongkolporn, Veerasak & Yin, Xiangkang, 2005. "How does the entry of new firms change demand? An empirical estimation for a Thai telecommunications company," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 688-703, August.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2097080 is not listed on IDEAS
- Madden, Gary G & Simpson, Michael, 1997.
"Residential broadband subscription demand: an econometric analysis of Australian choice experiment data,"
11936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gary Madden & Michael Simpson, 1997. "Residential broadband subscription demand: an econometric analysis of Australian choice experiment data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(8), pages 1073-1078.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2007:i:5:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Madden, Gary G & Coble-Neal, Grant, 2005.
"Australian residential telecommunications consumption and substitution patterns,"
10824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gary Madden & Grant Coble-Neal, 2005. "Australian Residential Telecommunications Consumption and Substitution Patterns," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 325-347, October.
- Sergio Da Silva & Gustavo Manfrim, 2007.
"Estimating demand elasticities of fixed telephony in Brazil,"
AccessEcon, vol. 12(5), pages 1-9.
- Gustavo, Manfrim & Sergio, Da Silva, 2006. "Estimating demand elasticities of fixed telephony in Brazil," MPRA Paper 1978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hans Ouwersloot & Piet Rietveld, 1997. "On the Distance Dependence of the Price Elasticity of Telecommunications Demand; Meta-analysis, and Alternative Theoretical Backgrounds," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-080/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:1997080 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.