Banks' Types of Ownership and Efficiency: Evidence from Indonesia
AbstractWe examine the relationship between banks' types of ownership and banks' efficiency using Greene's "true" panel data stochastic frontier model. We find that, even after taking unobserved heterogeneity more properly into account, state-owned banks in Indonesia are the least efficient banks and joint-venture banks are the most efficient ones.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Nottingham University Business School Malaysia Campus in its series NUBS Malaysia Campus Research Paper Series with number 2009-04.
Date of creation: Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Jalan Broga, 43500 Semenyih, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Phone: +603 8924 8000
Fax: +603 8924 8002
Web page: http://www.nottingham.edu.my/nubs/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2009-05-02 (Banking)
- NEP-EFF-2009-05-02 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-SEA-2009-05-02 (South East Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rasyad A. Parinduri).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.