Economic Analysis of Contract Law
AbstractContract law governs agreements between parties. This paper contains the chapters on contract law from a general, forthcoming book, Foundations of Economic Analysis of Law (Harvard University Press, 2003). Chapter 13 presents an overview of the subject. Chapter 14 is concerned with contract formation, that is, with the process through which parties find contracting partners, with aspects of contract negotiation, and with the rules governing when an arrangement between parties becomes legally recognized as a contract. Chapter 15 considers at length an important type of contract: the contract to produce something. Chapter 16 is concerned with two other types of contract: the contract for transfer of possession of something that already exists (such as land or a painting), and donative contracts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Working Papers with number 9696.
Date of creation: May 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-05-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2003-05-18 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-LAW-2003-05-18 (Law & Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirstein, Roland & Schmidtchen, Dieter, 2004.
"Störung der Vertragsparität,"
CSLE Discussion Paper Series
2004-05, Saarland University, CSLE - Center for the Study of Law and Economics.
- Peter Cserne, . "Freedom of choice and paternalism in contract law: a law and economics perspective," German Working Papers in Law and Economics 2006-1-1139, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Lando, Henrik & Rose, Caspar, 2004. "On the enforcement of specific performance in Civil Law countries," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 473-487, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.