Growth Effects of Subsidies in a Search Theoretic R&D Model : A Quantitative Evaluation
AbstractBased on a model of perpetual growth through optimal search for better technologies, calibrated on time series data form the Israeli economy, it is shown that capital subsidies produce a definite gain in expected growth rates, but those gain are invariant to the particular restrictions associated with the subsidies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics in its series UWO Department of Economics Working Papers with number 9603.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Reference Centre, Social Science Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C2
Phone: 519-661-2111 Ext.85244
Web page: http://economics.uwo.ca/research/research_papers/department_working_papers.html
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT; SUBSIDIES; ECONOMIC GROWTH;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.