Contracts between Legal Persons
[The Handbook of Organizational Economics]
AbstractContract law and the economics of contract have, for the most part, developed independently of each other. In this essay, we briefly review the notion of a contract from the perspective of lawyer, and then use this framework to organize the economics literature on contract. The title, Contracts between Legal Persons, limits the review to that part of contract law that is generic to any legal person. A legal person is any individual, firm or government agency with the right to enter into binding agreements. Our goal is to discuss the role of the law in enforcing these agreements under the hypothesis that the legal persons have well defined goals and objectives.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
This chapter was published in: Robert Gibbons & John Roberts (ed.) , Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, pages , 2012.
This item is provided by Princeton University Press in its series Introductory Chapters with number 9889-23.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://press.princeton.edu
Other versions of this item:
- Kornhauser, Lewis A. & MacLeod, W. Bentley, 2010. "Contracts between Legal Persons," IZA Discussion Papers 5352, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lewis A. Kornhauser & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2010. "Contracts between Legal Persons," NBER Working Papers 16049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- MacLeod, W. Bentley & Parent, Daniel, 2013. "Transactions Costs and the Employment Contract in the US Economy," IZA Discussion Papers 7306, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.