Why Legal Restrictions on Private Contracts Can Enhance Efficiency
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley in its series Department of Economics, Working Paper Series with number qt4j76f10g.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 1990
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: F502 Haas, Berkeley CA 94720-1922
Phone: (510) 642-1922
Fax: (510) 642-5018
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/iber_econ/
More information through EDIRC
contract law; asymmetric information; protecting debtors; Law; Social and Behavioral Sciences;
Other versions of this item:
- Philippe Aghion and Benjamin Hermalin., 1990. "Why Legal Restrictions on Private Contracts Can Enhance Efficiency," Economics Working Papers 90-140, University of California at Berkeley.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grubb, Farley, 2000. "The Statutory Regulation of Colonial Servitude: An Incomplete-Contract Approach," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 42-75, January.
- Hviid, Morten, 1996. "Default rules and equilibrium selection of contract terms," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 233-245, June.
- Signorotti, Claudio, 2000. "Efficiency of legal restrictions on contracts in the presence of two signals," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 511-535, December.
- Franks, Julian & Sussman, Oren, 2005. "Financial innovations and corporate bankruptcy," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 283-317, July.
- repec:van:wpaper:vuecon-sub-13-00001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elul, Ronel, 2008. "Collateral, credit history, and the financial decelerator," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 63-88, January.
- Philip Bond & Andrew F. Newman, 2006.
"Prohibitions on Punishments in Private Contracts,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2006-060, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Andrew Newman & Philip Bond, 2004. "Prohibitions on Punishments in Private Contracts," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 143, Econometric Society.
- Schmitz, Patrick W., 2004.
"Job Protection Laws and Agency Problems Under Asymmetric Information,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4031, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schmitz, Patrick W., 2004. "Job protection laws and agency problems under asymmetric information," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 1027-1046, October.
- Michelle J. White, 2011. "Corporate and Personal Bankruptcy Law," NBER Working Papers 17237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Danziger, Leif, 1995. "Discrete shocks and fixed duration of labor contracts," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 359-379, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.