The transformation of work? A quantitative evaluation of changes in work in Portugal
AbstractThis report is made for the Work Package 15 of WORKS project and tries to develop more information on the Portuguese situation in the work structures changes in the recent years. It starts with an analysis of socio- economical indicators (Macro economical indicators, Employment indicators, Consumption, Technology at the workplace, Productivity), and then approaches the situation in terms of work flexibility in its dimensions of time use and New forms of work organisation. It traces employment in business functions with a sectoral and occupational approach, and analyses the occupational change in South Europe with particular relevance to Portugal (skill utilisation and job satisfaction, occupational and industrial mobility, quantitative evaluation of the shape of employment in Europe. Finaly are analysed the globalisation indicators.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CESNOVA-Research on Enterprise and Work Innovation, Faculty of Science and Technology in its series IET Working Papers Series with number 07/2008.
Length: 67 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2008
Date of revision:
work organisation; institutions; employment; labour markets; investment; technology modernisation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J80 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - General
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- M54 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Labor Management
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2009-01-03 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2009-01-03 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Böheim, René & Cardoso, Ana Rute, 2007. "Temporary Agency Work in Portugal, 1995–2000," IZA Discussion Papers 3144, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Leitão, João & Ferreira, João, 2007. "Liberalization of European Telecommunications and Entrepreneurship: Why German and Portuguese Experiences are so Equal and so Different?," MPRA Paper 5728, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruder, Jana, 2003. "East-West Migration in Europe, 2004 - 2015," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 40, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Aurora Galego, 2006. "The Self-Employment Choice in Portugal: How Different are Women from Men," Economics Working Papers 3_2006, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Carlos Carreira & Paulino Teixeira, 2007.
"Internal and External Restructuring over the Cycle: A Firm-Based Analysis of Gross Flows and Productivity Growth in Portugal,"
GEMF Working Papers
2007-01, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Carlos Carreira & Paulino Teixeira, 2008. "Internal and external restructuring over the cycle: a firm-based analysis of gross flows and productivity growth in Portugal," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 211-220, June.
- Ana Teresa Tavares & Aurora A. C. Teixeira, 2005. "Human Capital Intensity in Technology-Based Firms Located in Portugal: Do Foreign Multinationals Make a Difference?," FEP Working Papers 187, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Pedro Lains, 2006. "Growth in the ‘Cohesion Countries’: the Irish tortoise and the Portuguese hare, 1979-2002," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 37, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- Catarina Cardoso & Elias Soukiazis, 2004. "What can Portugal learn from Ireland and to a less extent from Greece? An empirical approach searching for the sources of growth," ERSA conference papers ersa04p21, European Regional Science Association.
- Luísa Ferreira Lopes & Manuel Mira Godinho, 2005. "Services Innovation and Economic Performance An analysis at the firm level," DRUID Working Papers 05-08, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Moniz, António, 2002. "Labour Market Policy in Portugal," MPRA Paper 6588, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2002.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (António Brandão Moniz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.