The Global Award for Entreprenurship Research
AbstractThe International Award for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Research was instituted in 1996, and it is now firmly established as the leading Prize for outstanding research contributions in the area. Thanks to a generous donation from the Swedish entrepreneur Rune Andersson it has been possible to make a number of changes in order to strengthen the Prize even further: The name is changed to The Global Award for Entrepreneurship Research, the Prize sum is roughly doubled to 100,000 euros, and the system for nomination, evaluation and selection of future Award Winners is becoming more structured and transparent. This essay presents the background to and the organizations behind the Award, briefly categorizes Winners in the 1996–2008 period, describes the previous and future system for nomination, evaluation and selection of Award Winners, and discusses the criteria for the selection of Prize candidates and Award Winning contributions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Institute of Industrial Economics in its series Working Paper Series with number 771.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 23 Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published as Henrekson, Magnus and Anders Lindström, 'The Global Award for Entrepreneurship Research' in Small Business Economics, 2009, pages 1-14.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Research Institute of Industrial Economics, Box 55665, SE-102 15 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 665 4500
Fax: +46 8 665 4599
Web page: http://www.ifn.se/
More information through EDIRC
Entrepreneurship; Innovation; Research award; Small business;
Other versions of this item:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douhan, Robin & Henrekson, Magnus & Eliasson, Gunnar, 2006.
"Israel M. Kirzner: An Outstanding Austrian Contributor to the Economics of Entrepreneurship,"
Working Paper Series
678, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Robin Douhan & Gunnar Eliasson & Magnus Henrekson, 2007. "Israel M. Kirzner: An Outstanding Austrian Contributor to the Economics of Entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 213-223, June.
- Bianchi, Milo & Henrekson, Magnus, 2005.
"Is Neoclassical Economics still Entrepreneurless?,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
584, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 02 Feb 2005.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1985. "The Prize in Economic Science in Memory of Alfred Nobel," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 37-56, March.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1991. " The Scientific Illusion in Empirical Macroeconomics," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(2), pages 129-48.
- Eliasson, Gunnar & Henrekson, Magnus, 2003.
"William J. Baumol: An Entrepreneurial Economist on the Economics of Entrepreneurship,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
532, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Gunnar Eliasson & Magnus Henrekson, 2004. "William J. Baumol: An Entrepreneurial Economist on the Economics of Entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 1-7, 08.
- Josh Lerner, 2010. "The future of public efforts to boost entrepreneurship and venture capital," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 255-264, October.
- Azmat Gani & Michael D. Clemes, 2010. "Services and economic growth in Pacific Island countries," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 113-130, July.
- Carlsson, Bo & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & McKelvey, Maureen & Olofsson, Christer & Persson, Lars & Ylinenpää, Håkan, 2012.
"The Evolving Domain of Entrepreneurship Research,"
2012:11, Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum.
- Carlsson, Bo & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & McKelvey, Maureen & Olofsson , Christer & Persson , Lars & Ylinenpää, Håkan, 2012. "The Evolving Domain of Entrepreneurship Research," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 284, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Carlsson, Bo & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & McKelvey, Maureen & Olofsson, Christer & Persson, Lars & Ylinenpää, Håkan, 2013. "The Evolving Domain of Entrepreneurship Research," Working Paper Series 948, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisabeth Gustafsson).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.