The Global Award for Entrepreneurship Research
The International Award for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Research was instituted in 1996, and it is now firmly established as the leading Prize for outstanding research contributions in the area. Thanks to a generous donation from the Swedish entrepreneur Rune Andersson it has been possible to make a number of changes in order to strengthen the Prize even further: The name is changed to The Global Award for Entrepreneurship Research, the Prize sum is roughly doubled to 100,000 euros, and the system for nomination, evaluation and selection of future Award Winners is becoming more structured and transparent. This essay presents the background to and the organizations behind the Award, briefly categorizes Winners in the 1996–2008 period, describes the previous and future system for nomination, evaluation and selection of Award Winners, and discusses the criteria for the selection of Prize candidates and Award Winning contributions.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 32 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/new+%26+forthcoming+titles+%28default%29/journal/11187/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gunnar Eliasson & Magnus Henrekson, 2004.
"William J. Baumol: An Entrepreneurial Economist on the Economics of Entrepreneurship,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 1-7, 08.
- Eliasson, Gunnar & Henrekson, Magnus, 2003. "William J. Baumol: An Entrepreneurial Economist on the Economics of Entrepreneurship," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 532, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Douhan, Robin & Henrekson, Magnus & Eliasson, Gunnar, 2006.
"Israel M. Kirzner: An Outstanding Austrian Contributor to the Economics of Entrepreneurship,"
Working Paper Series
678, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Robin Douhan & Gunnar Eliasson & Magnus Henrekson, 2007. "Israel M. Kirzner: An Outstanding Austrian Contributor to the Economics of Entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 213-223, June.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1985. "The Prize in Economic Science in Memory of Alfred Nobel," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 37-56, March.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1991. " The Scientific Illusion in Empirical Macroeconomics," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(2), pages 129-148.
- Bianchi, Milo & Henrekson, Magnus, 2005.
"Is Neoclassical Economics still Entrepreneurless?,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
584, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 02 Feb 2005.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:32:y:2009:i:1:p:1-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.