The Global Award for Entrepreneurship Research
The International Award for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Research was instituted in 1996, and it is now firmly established as the leading Prize for outstanding research contributions in the area. Thanks to a generous donation from the Swedish entrepreneur Rune Andersson it has been possible to make a number of changes in order to strengthen the Prize even further: The name is changed to The Global Award for Entrepreneurship Research, the Prize sum is roughly doubled to 100,000 euros, and the system for nomination, evaluation and selection of future Award Winners is becoming more structured and transparent. This essay presents the background to and the organizations behind the Award, briefly categorizes Winners in the 1996–2008 period, describes the previous and future system for nomination, evaluation and selection of Award Winners, and discusses the criteria for the selection of Prize candidates and Award Winning contributions.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1985. "The Prize in Economic Science in Memory of Alfred Nobel," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 37-56, March.
- Milo Bianchi & Magnus Henrekson, 2005.
"Is Neoclassical Economics still Entrepreneurless?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 353-377, 07.
- Bianchi, Milo & Henrekson, Magnus, 2005. "Is Neoclassical Economics still Entrepreneurless?," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 584, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 02 Feb 2005.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1991. " The Scientific Illusion in Empirical Macroeconomics," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(2), pages 129-48.
- Robin Douhan & Gunnar Eliasson & Magnus Henrekson, 2007.
"Israel M. Kirzner: An Outstanding Austrian Contributor to the Economics of Entrepreneurship,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 213-223, June.
- Douhan, Robin & Henrekson, Magnus & Eliasson, Gunnar, 2006. "Israel M. Kirzner: An Outstanding Austrian Contributor to the Economics of Entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series 678, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Gunnar Eliasson & Magnus Henrekson, 2004.
"William J. Baumol: An Entrepreneurial Economist on the Economics of Entrepreneurship,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 1-7, 08.
- Eliasson, Gunnar & Henrekson, Magnus, 2003. "William J. Baumol: An Entrepreneurial Economist on the Economics of Entrepreneurship," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 532, Stockholm School of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:32:y:2009:i:1:p:1-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.