Estimating the Effect of Tax Reform in Differentiated Product Oligopolistic Markets
AbstractWhile the paper examined the effect of different tax regimes on the Israeli automobile market, the main contribution of this paper is the methodology it employs. As demonstrated, owr framework provides a methodology for examining the effects of changes in tax regimes in differential product monopolies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tel Aviv in its series Papers with number 29-97.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Israel TEL-AVIV UNIVERSITY, THE FOERDER INSTITUTE FOR ECONOMIC RESEARCH, RAMAT AVIV 69 978 TEL AVIV ISRAEL.
Web page: http://econ.tau.ac.il/research/foerder.asp
More information through EDIRC
TAX POLICY ; OLIGOPOLIES;
Other versions of this item:
- Fershtman, Chaim & Gandal, Neil & Markovich, Sarit, 1999. "Estimating the Effects of Tax Reform in Differentiated Product Oligopolistic Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 2107, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fershtman, C. & Gandal, N. & Markovich, S., 1998. "Estimating the effect of tax reform in differentiated product oligopolistic markets," Discussion Paper 1998-34, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenkel, Donald S, 1996. "New Estimates of the Optimal Tax on Alcohol," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 296-319, April.
- Cremer, H. & Thisse, J.-F., .
"Commodity taxation in a differentiated oligopoly,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1112, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-François, 1994. "Commodity Taxation in a Differentiated Oligopoly," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-François, 1993. "Commodity Taxation in a Differentiated Oligopoly," IDEI Working Papers 25, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- CREMER, Helmut & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1992. "Commodity taxation in a differentiated oligopoly," CORE Discussion Papers 1992035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Myles, G. D., 1987. "Tax design in the presence of imperfect competition : An example," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 367-378, December.
- Gruenspecht, Howard K., 1988. "Export subsidies for differentiated products," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3-4), pages 331-344, May.
- Michael L. Katz & Harvey S. Rosen, 1985. "Tax Analysis in an Oligopoly Model," NBER Working Papers 1088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barnett, Paul G. & Keeler, Theodore E. & Hu, Teh-wei, 1995. "Oligopoly structure and the incidence of cigarette excise taxes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 457-470, July.
- Auerbach, Alan J., 1985.
"The theory of excess burden and optimal taxation,"
Handbook of Public Economics,
in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 61-127
- Frank Verboven, 1996.
"International Price Discrimination in the European Car Market,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 240-268, Summer.
- Verboven, Frank, 1996. "International price discrimination in the European car market," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/101467, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou, 1995. "Product Differentiation and Oligopoly in International Markets: The Case of the U.S. Automobile Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 891-951, July.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-90, July.
- Mariuzzo, Franco & Walsh, Patrick Paul & Whelan, Ciara, 2010.
"Coverage of retail stores and discrete choice models of demand: Estimating price elasticities and welfare effects,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 555-578, September.
- Franco Mariuzzo & Patrick Paul Walsh & Ciara Whelan, 2009. "Coverage of Retail Stores and Discrete Choice Models of Demand: Estimating Price Elasticities and Welfare Effects," Working Papers 200922, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Dong Choi & Jongeun Oh & Yeonbae Kim & Junseok Hwang, 2012. "Competition in the Korean Internet Portal Market: Network Effects, Profit, and Market Efficiency," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 51-73, February.
- Kim, Donghun, 2004. "Market Structure, Price Pass-Through and Welfare with Differentiated Products," Research Reports 25157, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Moraga-Gonzalez, Jose Luis & Viaene, Jean-Marie, 2005. "Trade policy and quality leadership in transition economies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 359-385, February.
- Moraga-Gonzalez, Jose Luis & Jean-Marie Viaene, 2002.
"Procompetitive Trade Policies,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
141, Royal Economic Society.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Lanot, Gauthier, 2003. "Measuring tax incidence: an application to mortgage provision in the UK," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1747-1778, August.
- Adamos Adamou & Sofronis Clerides & Theodoros Zachariadis, 2012. "Assessment of CO2-Oriented Vehicle Tax Reforms: A Case Study of Greece," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 04-2012, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Adamos Adamou & Sofronis Clerides & Theodoros Zachariadis, 2012. "Trade-offs in CO2-Oriented Vehicle Tax Reforms: A Case Study of Greece," Working Paper Series 33_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Mackay, Daniel, 2011. "Estimating the impact of investment tax credits on aircraft demand," MPRA Paper 32767, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.