Discrimination And Open Unemployment In A Segmented Labour Market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stockholm - International Economic Studies in its series Papers with number 460.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF STOCKHOLM, INSTITUTE FOR INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC STUDIES, S- 106 91 STOCKHOLM SWEDEN.
Web page: http://www.iies.su.se/
More information through EDIRC
labour market ; employment;
Other versions of this item:
- Gottfries, Nils & McCormick, Barry, 1995. "Discrimination and open unemployment in a segmented labour market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Gottfries, N. & McCormick, B., 1993. "Discrimination and open unemployment in a segmented labour market," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9320, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weitzman, Marchin L, 1989. "A Theory of Wage Dispersion and Job Market Segmentation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 104(1), pages 121-37, February.
- Albert Ma, C.T. & Weiss, A.M., 1991.
"A Signaling Theory of Unemployment,"
7, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1986. "Why is the Unemployment Rate So Very High near Full Employment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 17(2), pages 339-396.
- McCormick, Barry, 1990. "A Theory of Signalling during Job Search, Employment Efficiency, and "Stigmatised" Jobs," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 299-313, April.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Robert H. Topel, 1987. "The Evolution of Unemployment in the United States: 1968 — 1985," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1987, Volume 2, pages 11-68 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Néria Rodréguez-Planas, 2011. "Displacement, Signaling, and Recall Expectations," Working Papers 550, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Dufwenberg, M. & Lundholm, M., 1997.
"Social Norms and Moral Hazard,"
1997-28, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- P. Frijters, 1997.
"Discrimination and job-uncertainty,"
Labor and Demography
- HAMILTON, Jonathan & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZENOU, Yves, .
"Wage competition with heterogeneous workers and firms,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1463, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hamilton, Jonathan & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves, 2000. "Wage Competition with Heterogeneous Workers and Firms," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 453-72, July.
- Hamilton, Jonathan & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zenou, Yves, 1999. "Wage Competition with Heterogeneous Workers and Firms," CEPR Discussion Papers 2141, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert S. Chase, 2001. "Labor Market Discrimination During Post-Communist Transition: A Monopsony Approach to the Status of Latvia's Russian Minority," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 381, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Wauthy, Xavier & Zenou, Yves, 1997.
"Efficiency Wages, Labor Heterogeneity and the Financing of the Training Cost,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1997022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- WAUTHY, Xavier & ZENOU, Yves, 1997. "Efficiency wages, labor heterogeneity and the fInancing of the training cost," CORE Discussion Papers 1997072, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Zenou, Yves, 2002.
"How do firms redline workers?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 391-408, November.
- Tasnadi, Attila, 2005.
"A way of explaining unemployment through a wage-setting game,"
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 191-203, April.
- Attila Tasnadi, 2003. "A way of explaining unemployment through a wage-setting game," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse14_2003, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard, 2003. "The mini-integrated macroeconomic model for poverty analysis : a framework for analyzing the unemployment and poverty effects of fiscal and labor market reforms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3067, The World Bank.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Izquierdo, Alejandro & Fofack, Hippolyte, 2003. "The integrated macroeconomic model for poverty analysis : a quantitative macroeconomic framework for the analysis of poverty reduction strategies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3092, The World Bank.
- Paul Frijters, 1997. "Capital scarcities as a reason for high unemployment in the European Union," Macroeconomics 9706002, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.