Coalition Formation in Simple Games: The Semistrict Core
AbstractWe consider the class of proper monotonic simple games and study coalition formation when an exogenous share vector and a solution concept are combined to guide the distribution of coalitional worth. Using a multiplicative composite solution, we induce players' preferences over coalitions in a hedonic game, and present conditions under which the semistrict core of the game is nonempty.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei in its series Working Papers with number 2006.72.
Date of creation: May 2006
Date of revision:
Coalition Formation; Paradox of Smaller Coalitions; Semistrict Core; Simple Games; Winning Coalitions;
Other versions of this item:
- Dinko Dimitrov & Claus-Jochen Haake, 2006. "Coalition formation in simple games: The semistrict core," Working Papers 378, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2006-07-21 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-GTH-2006-07-21 (Game Theory)
- NEP-POL-2006-07-21 (Positive Political Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bogomolnaia, Anna & Jackson, Matthew O., 2002. "The Stability of Hedonic Coalition Structures," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 201-230, February.
- Slikker, Marco, 2001.
"Coalition Formation and Potential Games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 436-448, November.
- James M. Snyder Jr. & Michael M. Ting & Stephen Ansolabehere, 2005. "Legislative Bargaining under Weighted Voting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 981-1004, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2006:i:12:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph Farrell and Suzanne Scotchmer., 1986.
Economics Working Papers
8616, University of California at Berkeley.
- Suryapratim Banerjee & Hideo Konishi & Tayfun Sonmez, 1999.
"Core in a Simple Coalition Formation Game,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
449, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Dinko Dimitrov & Claus-Jochen Haake, 2006. "An axiomatic approach to composite solutions," Working Papers 385, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Dinko Dimitrov & Claus-Jochen Haake, 2005.
"Government versus opposition: Who should be who in the 16th German Bundestag?,"
375, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Dinko Dimitrov & Claus-Jochen Haake, 2006. "Government versus Opposition: Who Should be Who in the 16th German Bundestag?," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 89(2), pages 115-128, November.
- Dinko Dimitrov, 2005. "On top coalitions, common rankings, and semistrict core stability," Working Papers 377, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Dinko Dimitrov, 2006. "Top coalitions, common rankings, and semistrict core stability," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(12), pages 1-6.
- Georg Kirchsteiger & Clemens Puppe, 1997.
"On the Formation of Political Coalitions,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 153(2), pages 293-, June.
- Georg Kirchsteiger & Clemens Puppe, 1997. "On the formation of political coalitions," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/5915, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Georg KIRCHSTEIGER & Clemens PUPPE, 1995. "On the Formation of Political Coalitions," Vienna Economics Papers vie9505, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Ehud Kalai & Dov Samet, 1983. "On Weighted Shapley Values," Discussion Papers 602, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.