Controlling the Cost of Controlling the Climate: The Irish Government's Climate Change Strategy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) in its series Papers with number WP229.
Length: 42 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2008
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Colm McCarthy & Sue Scott, 2008. "Controlling the Cost of Controlling the Climate - The Irish Government’s Climate Change Strategy," Working Papers 200807, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2008-04-15 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2008-04-15 (Environmental Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John FitzGerald & Richard S.J. Tol, 2007.
"Airline Emissions of Carbon Dioxide in the European Trading System,"
WP179, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- John FitzGerald & Richard S. J. Tol, 2007. "Airline emissions of carbon dioxide in the European trading system," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(1), pages 51-54, 04.
- FitzGerald, John, 2004. "An Expensive Way to Combat Global Warming: Reform Needed in EU Emissions Trading Regime," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 2004(1-Spring), pages 1-17.
- Conniffe, Denis & FitzGerald, John & Scott, Susan & Shortall, Fergal, 1997. "The Costs to Ireland of Greenhouse Gas Abatement," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number PRS32, July.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1974.
"Prices vs. Quantities,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 477-91, October.
- Colm McCarthy & Jeremiah O'Dwyer & Richard Troy, 2006. "Measuring Fuel Diversity in Power Generation," Working Papers 200618, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2007. "Irish Climate Change Policy for 2012: An Assessment," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 2007(4-Winter), pages 104-117.
- FitzGerald, John & Bergin, Adele & Kearney, Ide & Barrett, Alan & Duffy, David & Garrett, Shane & McCarthy, Yvonne, 2005. "Medium-Term Review 2005-2012, No. 10," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number MTR10.
- William D. Nordhaus, 2006. "After Kyoto: Alternative Mechanisms to Control Global Warming," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 31-34, May.
- Bergin, Adele & Cullen, Joe & Duffy, David & FitzGerald, John & Kearney, Ide & McCoy, Daniel, 2003. "Medium-Term Review 2003-2010, No. 9," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number MTR09.
- Brannlund, Runar & Ghalwash, Tarek & Nordstrom, Jonas, 2007.
"Increased energy efficiency and the rebound effect: Effects on consumption and emissions,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Brännlund, Runar & Ghalwash, Tarek & Nordström, Jonas, 2004. "Increased Energy Efficiency and the Rebound Effect: Effects on consumption and emissions," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 642, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Kahn, James Randall & Franceschi, Dina, 2006. "Beyond Kyoto: A tax-based system for the global reduction of greenhouse gas emissions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 778-787, July.
- A. Greening, Lorna & Greene, David L. & Difiglio, Carmen, 2000. "Energy efficiency and consumption -- the rebound effect -- a survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 389-401, June.
- Richard S. J. Tol & Gary W. Yohe, 2006. "A Review of the Stern Review," World Economics, World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 7(4), pages 233-250, October.
- Cantillon, Sara & Curtis, John & FitzGerald, John, 1994. "Medium-Term Review 1994-2000, No. 5," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number MTR05.
- Parry, Ian W.H. & Walls, Margaret & Harrington, Winston, 2007.
"Automobile Externalities and Policies,"
dp-06-26, Resources For the Future.
- David M. Newbery, 2008.
"Climate Change Policy and Its Effect on Market Power in the Gas Market,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(4), pages 727-751, 06.
- Newbery, D., 2006. "Climate change policy and its effect on market power in the gas market," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0606, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Ryan, Lisa & Convery, Frank & Ferreira, Susana, 2006. "Stimulating the use of biofuels in the European Union: Implications for climate change policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3184-3194, November.
- Scott, S., 1997. "Household energy efficiency in Ireland: A replication study of ownership of energy saving items," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 187-208, May.
- O'Malley, Eoin & Scott, Susan & Sorrell, Steve, 2003. "Barriers to Energy Efficiency: Evidence from Selected Sectors," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number PRS47, July.
- repec:esr:forcas:mtr10 is not listed on IDEAS
- FitzGerald, John & Bergin, Adele & Conefrey, Thomas & Diffney, Sean & Duffy, David & Kearney, Ide & Lyons, Sean & Malaguzzi Valeri, Laura & Mayor, Karen & Richard S. J. Tol, 2008. "Medium-Term Review 2008-2015, No. 11," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number MTR11.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.