The 3-Equation New Keynesian Model: A Graphical Exposition
AbstractWe develop a graphical 3-equation New Keynesian model for macroeconomic analysis to replace the traditional IS-LM-AS model. The new graphical IS-PC-MR model is a simple version of the one commonly used in central banks and captures the forward-looking thinking engaged in by the policy-maker. We show how it can be modified to include a forward-looking IS curve and how it relates to current debates in monetary macroeconomics, including the New Keynesian Phillips Curve and the Sticky Information Phillips Curve models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 4588.
Date of creation: Sep 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
Other versions of this item:
- Carlin Wendy & Soskice David, 2005. "The 3-Equation New Keynesian Model --- A Graphical Exposition," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-38, December.
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-02-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2005-02-13 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2005-02-13 (Macroeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bofinger, Peter & Mayer, Eric & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2006.
"Teaching New Keynesian Open Economy Macroeconomics at the Intermediate Level,"
W.E.P. - WÃ¼rzburg Economic Papers
66, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Peter Bofinger & Eric Mayer & Timo Wollmersh�user, 2009. "Teaching New Keynesian Open Economy Macroeconomics at the Intermediate Level," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 80-102, January.
- Pierpaolo Benigno, 2009. "New-Keynesian Economics: An AS-AD View," NBER Working Papers 14824, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Tamborini, 2006. "Back to Wicksell? In search of the foundations of practical monetary policy," Department of Economics Working Papers 0602, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Carlin, Wendy & Soskice, David, 2007. "Reforms, Macroeconomic Policy and Economic Performance in Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 6415, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Kiefer, 2011. "Targets, Policy Lags and Sticky Prices in a Two-Equation Model of US Stabilization Policy," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2011_03, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Mehrotra, Aaron & Sánchez-Fung, José R., 2009.
"Assessing McCallum and Taylor rules in a cross-section of emerging market economies,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
23/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Mehrotra, Aaron & Sánchez-Fung, José R., 2011. "Assessing McCallum and Taylor rules in a cross-section of emerging market economies," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 207-228, April.
- Sajid Anwar & S. Zahid Ali, 2007. "Exogenous Shocks and Exchange Rate Management in Developing Countries," Finance Working Papers 22245, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kirsanova, Tatiana & Stehn, Sven Jari & Vines, David, 2006.
"Five-Equation Macroeconomics: A Simple View of the Interactions Between Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5464, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tatiana Kirsanova & Sven Jari Stehn & David Vines, 2006. "Five-Equation Macroeconomics A Simple View of the Interactions Between Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy," Discussion Papers 0610, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- David Kiefer, 2010. "A 2-Equation Model of the North Atlantic Economies, a Dynamic Panel Study," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2010_06, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Pavel S. Kapinos, 2010. "A New Keynesian Workbook," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 9(1), pages 111-123.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.