Technical change and incorporated R&D in the service sector
AbstractThe purpose of this article is to study the pattern of technical change in the service sector using an indicator ot total technology intensity which takes account of the R&D incorporated in purchases of intermediates and equipment. The service sector does not appear as homogeneous and some services are major users of technology. An international comparison over 8 countries does not show a clear pattern of convergence in total technology intensity except for the communication services. A comparison between France and Germany emphasises the differences between the relative importance of domestic and imported incorporated technology.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CEPREMAP in its series CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) with number 9808.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Amable, Bruno & Palombarini, Stefano, 1998. "Technical change and incorporated R&D in the service sector," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 655-675, November.
- NEP-ALL-1999-03-22 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Camacho, José A. & Rodríguez, M., 2005. "Los esfuerzos tecnológicos en el sistema productivo español: evaluación y comparación con otros países europeos/Technological efforts in the Spanish production system. Aassessment and comparison ," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 23, pages 621-636, Diciembre.
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 2000. "Research Cooperation and Research Expenditures with Endogenous Absorptive Capacity: Theory and Microeconometric Evidence for the German Service Sector," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-25, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 1999.
"Measuring Knowledge Spillovers in Manufacturing and Services: An Empirical Assessment of Alternative Approaches,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
99-62, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 2002. "Measuring knowledge spillovers in manufacturing and services: an empirical assessment of alternative approaches," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 125-144, January.
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Matteo Lucchese & Valentina Meliciani, 2013. "The contribution of Business services to the export performances of manufacturing industries. An empirical study on 5 European countries," Working Papers 14, Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research, revised Nov 2013.
- Evangelista, Rinaldo & Lucchese, Matteo & Meliciani, Valentina, 2013. "Business services, innovation and sectoral growth," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 119-132.
- Consoli,Davide & Elche,Dioni, 2014. "An analysis of the knowledge base of Scientific Research & Development Business Services," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201401, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sébastien Villemot).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.