Corporate Strategies For Managing Environmental Risk (The International Library Of Environmental Economics And Policy – Volume xx)
AbstractThis paper is the introduction to a forthcoming anthology (published by Ashgate) of economic contributions to the subject. It ties the articles together, starting with a primer on corporate strategy, then considering corporate environmental strategy, and concluding on implementation issues. Cet article est en fait l'introduction d'une anthologie (à paraître chez Ashgate) de contributions marquantes de l'analyse économique aux stratégies environnementales corporatives. On vise donc à intégrer les articles retenus autour de trois pôles : la stratégie corporative, la stratégie environnementale, et les questions de mise en oeuvre.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRANO in its series CIRANO Working Papers with number 2004s-43.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2020 rue University, 25e étage, Montréal, Quéc, H3A 2A5
Phone: (514) 985-4000
Fax: (514) 985-4039
Web page: http://www.cirano.qc.ca/
More information through EDIRC
economics of strategy; environmental economics; implementation of strategy; économie de la stratégie d'entreprise; économie de l'environnement; implantation de la stratégie;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1991. "Multitask Principal-Agent Analyses: Incentive Contracts, Asset Ownership, and Job Design," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 24-52, Special I.
- Tirole, Jean, 2001.
Econometric Society, vol. 69(1), pages 1-35, January.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1997. "Power of Incentives in Private versus Public Organizations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 378-82, May.
- Sinclair-Desgagne, Bernard & Gozlan, Estelle, 2003.
"A theory of environmental risk disclosure,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 377-393, March.
- Seema Arora & Timothy N. Cason, 1996. "Why Do Firms Volunteer to Exceed Environmental Regulations? Understanding Participation in EPA's 33/50 Program," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(4), pages 413-432.
- Karen Palmer & Wallace E. Oates & Paul R. Portney, 1995. "Tightening Environmental Standards: The Benefit-Cost or the No-Cost Paradigm?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 119-132, Fall.
- Adam M. Brandenburger & Harborne W. Stuart, 1996. "Value-based Business Strategy," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 5-24, 03.
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1994. "Economic Analysis and Management Strategy: A Survey Continued," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 355-406, Summer.
- DeCanio, Stephen J., 1993. "Barriers within firms to energy-efficient investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 906-914, September.
- Sinclair-Desgagne, Bernard, 1999. "How to Restore Higher-Powered Incentives in Multitask Agencies," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 418-33, July.
- Bolton, Patrick & Dewatripont, Mathias, 1994.
"The Firm as a Communication Network,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 109(4), pages 809-39, November.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Patrick Bolton, 1994. "The firm as a communication network," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9595, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Patrick Bolton, 2004. "The firm as a communication network," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9599, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Patrick Bolton, 1996. "The firm as a communication network," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9597, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin, 1997.
"Toward an Economic Theory of Leadership: Leading by Example,"
- Hermalin, Benjamin E, 1998. "Toward an Economic Theory of Leadership: Leading by Example," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1188-1206, December.
- Ben Hermalin, 1996. "Toward an Economic Theory of Leadership: Leading by Example," Working Papers _006, University of California at Berkeley, Haas School of Business.
- Sah, Raaj K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1991. "The Quality of Managers in Centralized versus Decentralized Organizations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(1), pages 289-95, February.
- Radner, Roy, 1993. "The Organization of Decentralized Information Processing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1109-46, September.
- H. Landis Gabel & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 1996.
"Environmental Auditing in Management Systems and Public Policy,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Sinclair-Desgagne, Bernard & Gabel, H. Landis, 1997. "Environmental Auditing in Management Systems and Public Policy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 331-346, July.
- S.A. Lippman & R.P. Rumelt, 1982. "Uncertain Imitability: An Analysis of Interfirm Differences in Efficiency under Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 418-438, Autumn.
- Gabel H. Landis & Sinclair-Desgagne Bernard, 1993. "Managerial Incentives and Environmental Compliance," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 229-240, May.
- Salop, Steven C & Scheffman, David T, 1983. "Raising Rivals' Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 267-71, May.
- Paul J. H. Schoemaker, 1990. "Strategy, Complexity, and Economic Rent," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(10), pages 1178-1192, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.