Chinese Consumers' Preferences for Livestock Products
AbstractBased on a consumer survey with over 700 observations, Chinese consumer preferences of livestock product attributes were evaluated using factor analysis and probit models. Regional and time differences were examined. Empirical results provide U.S. exporters with valuable information on China's emerging livestock market, its potential, and market access strategies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada with number 22253.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Peng, Xuehua & Marchant, Mary A. & Qin, Xiang Dong & Zhuang, Jun, 2005. "Chinese Consumers' Preferences for Livestock Products," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 8(04).
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chen, Kevin Z. & Ali, Murad & Veeman, Michele M. & Unterschultz, James R. & Le, Theresa, 2002. "Relative Importance Rankings For Pork Attributes By Asian-Origin Consumers In California: Applying An Ordered Probit Model To A Choice-Based Sample," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(01), April.
- Hui, Jianguo & McLean-Meyinsse, Patricia E. & Jones, Dewitt, 1995. "An Empirical Investigation Of Importance Ratings Of Meat Attributes By Louisiana And Texas Consumers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Qin, Xiang Dong & Peng, Xuehua & Marchant, Mary A., 2002. "New Insight Of Chinese Livestock Consumer," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19806, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wang, Qingbin & Zhang, Guangxuan, 2012. "China’s small-scale hog production and implications for trade: Evidence from a farmer survey," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125288, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zhao, Jing & Thompson, Wyatt, 2013. "The Effect of Refrigerator Use on Meat Consumption in Rural China," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142931, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.