Supply Response In France, Germany, And The Uk: Technology And Price
AbstractWe extend the methodology of a two-step profit function to obtain area and yield elasticities. We then estimate the effects of price and technology on crop output of France, Germany, and the UK. Area elasticities were obtained by adding area shadow price equations to the standard dual model of output and input equations. Change in output is dominated by technology in the UK and mixed in France and Germany. The results indicate policies affecting price will have diverse responses across countries and crops.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA with number 19702.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Demand and Price Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coyle, Barry T., 1993. "On Modeling Systems Of Crop Acreage Demands," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(01), July.
- Antle, John M. & Capalbo, Susan M., 2000.
"Econometric-Process Models For Integrated Assessment Of Agricultural Production Systems,"
Trade Research Center Research Discussion Papers
29234, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- John M. Antle & Susan M. Capalbo, 2001. "Econometric-Process Models for Integrated Assessment of Agricultural Production Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(2), pages 389-401.
- Guyomard, Herve & Baudry, Marc & Carpentier, Alain, 1996. "Estimating Crop Supply Response in the Presence of Farm Programmes: Application to the CAP," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(4), pages 401-20.
- Larson, Donald F. & Glance, Simon & Borrell, Brent & Ingco, Merlinda & Coleman, Jonathan, 1991. "Abolishing green rates : the effects on cereals, sugar, and oilseeds in West Germany," Policy Research Working Paper Series 607, The World Bank.
- Ball, V. Eldon & Bureau, Jean-Christophe & Eakin, Kelly & Somwaru, Agapi, 1997. "Cap reform: modelling supply response subject to the land set-aside," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(2-3), pages 277-288, December.
- Mundlak, Yair & Larson, Don & Butzer, Ritz, 1997. "The determinants of agricultural production : a cross-country analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1827, The World Bank.
- Roman Keeney & Thomas W. Hertel, 2008. "U.S. Market Potential For Dried Distillers Grain With Solubles," Working Papers 08-13, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.