Econometric-Process Models for Integrated Assessment of Agricultural Production Systems
AbstractThis article develops the conceptual and empirical basis for a class of empirical economic production models that can be linked to site-specific biophysical models for use in integrated assessment research. Site-specific data are used to estimate econometric production models, and these data and models are then incorporated into a simulation model that represents the decision-making process of the farmer as a sequence of discrete and continuous land-use and input-use decisions. An econometric-process model of the dryland grain production system of the Northern Plains demonstrates the capabilities of this type of model to simulate decision making both within and outside the range of observed data. Copyright 2001, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 83 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Antle, John M. & Capalbo, Susan M., 2000. "Econometric-Process Models For Integrated Assessment Of Agricultural Production Systems," Trade Research Center Research Discussion Papers 29234, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Just, Richard E & Antle, John M, 1990. "Interactions between Agricultural and Environmental Policies: A Conceptual Framework," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 197-202, May.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Nordhaus, William D & Shaw, Daigee, 1994. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: A Ricardian Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 753-71, September.
- Robert K. Kaufmann & Seth E. Snell, 1997. "A Biophysical Model of Corn Yield: Integrating Climatic and Social Determinants," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 178-190.
- Banerjee, Anurag N. & Magnus, Jan R., 2000. "On the sensitivity of the usual t- and F-tests to covariance misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 157-176, March.
- Antle, John M, 1983. "Testing the Stochastic Structure of Production: A Flexible Moment-based Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(3), pages 192-201, July.
- Antle, John M. & Capalbo, Susan M. & Johnson, James B. & Miljkovic, Dragan, 1999. "The Kyoto Protocol: Economic Effects Of Energy Prices On Northern Plains Dryland Grain Production," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 28(1), April.
- Prato, Anthony A. & Fulcher, Christopher L. & Wu, Shunxiang & Ma, Jian, 1996. "Multiple-Objective Decision Making For Agroecosystem Management," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(2), October.
- Ian W. Hardie & Peter J. Parks, 1997. "Land Use with Heterogeneous Land Quality: An Application of an Area Base Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 299-310.
- Antle, John M. & Capalbo, Susan M. & Mooney, Sian & Elliott, Edward T. & Paustian, Keith H., 2000. "Economics Of Agricultural Soil Carbon Sequestration In The Northern Plains," Trade Research Center Research Discussion Papers 29239, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- Antle, John M. & Capalbo, Susan M. & Crissman, Charles C., 1994. "Econometric Production Models With Endogenous Input Timing: An Application To Ecuadorian Potato Production," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Just, Richard E. & Pope, Rulon D., 1978. "Stochastic specification of production functions and economic implications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 67-86, February.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.