Essays on network industries : privatization, regulation, and productivity measurement
AbstractThis study was prepared by Andreas Kuhlmann, while he was working with the Ifo Institute for Economic Research. It was completed in September 2006 and was accepted as a Ph.D. thesis by the Economics Department of the University of Munich. The subject of this study is the analysis of network industries with particular emphasis on privatization in this field in general and regulation and productivity measurement of the German electricity industry in particular. The methodological approach is threefold. The chapter on privatization is based on a theoretical model, followed by a chapter on the institutional and politico-economic background of the German and the US electricity industries. The following two chapters provide empirical productivity analyses based on a growth accounting fiamework. A major share of the data that are utilized for this exercise is taken trom a new database of the Ifo Institute which has been built up in the last two years for the purpose of productivity analyses.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich in its series ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung with number 26 and published in 2007.
Business Network; Privatisierung; Lohnverhandlungen; Anreizregulierung; Produktivität; Wirtschaftswachstum; Energiewirtschaft; Vereinigte Staaten; Deutschland;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.