Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models of Primary Commodity Markets with Private and Government Stockholding
AbstractStochastic-dynamic programming and disequilibrium maximum likelihood methods are combined to estimate a dynamic nonlinear rational expectations model of a market for a storable primary commodity. The estimation model captures the inherently nonlinear structure of private stockholding dynamics, the disequilibrium effects of government buffer stock intervention, and the impact of price expectations and risk on private supply and stockholding decisions. Copyright 1993 by MIT Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 75 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Dabin & Tomek, William G., 2005. "Characterizing Distributions of Class III Milk Prices: Implications for Risk Management," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19322, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Carter, Colin A. & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2000.
"The Interaction of Working and Speculative Commodity Stocks,"
2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL
21820, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Carter, C.A & Cesar L. Revoredo Giha, 2005. "The Interaction of Working and Speculative Commodity Stocks," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 03.2005, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2005.
- Ye, Michael & Zyren, John & Shore, Joanne, 2006. "Forecasting short-run crude oil price using high- and low-inventory variables," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2736-2743, November.
- Wang, Dabin & Tomek, William G., 2005. "Characterizing Distributions of Class III Milk Prices: Implications for Risk Management," Working Papers 127085, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Cesar Revoredo, 2000. "On The Solution Of The Dynamic Rational Expectations Commodity Storage Model In The Presence Of Stockholding By Speculators And Processors," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 42, Society for Computational Economics.
- Tokovenko, Oleksiy & Gunter, Lewell F., 2008. "Quarterly Storage Model of U.S. Cotton Market: Estimation of the Basis under Rational Expectations," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6435, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Peterson, Hikaru Hanawa & Tomek, William G., 2000. "Commodity Price Behavior: A Rational Expectations Storage Model of Corn," Working Papers 127682, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Vedenov, Dmitry V., 2003. ""Irrational" Planting Behavior As Rational Expectations Of Government Support," 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama 35237, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Peterson, Hikaru Hanawa & Tomek, William G., 2003.
"How Much Of Commodity Price Behavior Can A Rational Expectations Storage Model Explain?,"
30712, Kansas State University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Hikaru Hanawa Peterson & William G. Tomek, 2005. "How much of commodity price behavior can a rational expectations storage model explain?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(3), pages 289-303, November.
- Miranda, Mario J. & Rui, Xiongwen, 1997. "Maximum likelihood estimation of the nonlinear rational expectations asset pricing model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1493-1510, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.