Economic Models of Sin and Remorse: Some Simple Analytics
AbstractEconomists have recently shown a renewed interest in studying immoral behavior and the feelings of guilt or remorse that such acts engender. Yet the research in this nascent literature has generally lacked mathematical rigor and precision, and the disparate models have not been reconciled with one another. The present paper reviews and formalizes several such efforts in an attempt to form a more unified starting point for future research in this area.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Review of Social Economy.
Volume (Year): 62 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RRSE20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kerri Brick & Martine Visser & Justine Burns, 2011.
"Risk Aversion: Experimental Evidence from South African Fishing Communities,"
227, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Kerri Brick & Martine Visser & Justine Burns, 2012. "Risk Aversion: Experimental Evidence from South African Fishing Communities," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(1), pages 133-152.
- Marcela Ibanez & Fredrik Carlsson, 2009.
"A survey-based choice experiment on coca cultivation,"
Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers
17, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Ibanez, Marcela & Carlsson, Fredrik, 2010. "A survey-based choice experiment on coca cultivation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 249-263, November.
- Joseph G. Eisenhauer, 2006. "The Shadow Price of Morality," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 437-456, Summer.
- Ibanez, Marcela & Martinsson, Peter, 2013. "Curbing coca cultivation in Colombia — A framed field experiment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 1-10.
- Eisenhauer, Joseph G., 2008. "Ethical preferences, risk aversion, and taxpayer behavior," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 45-63, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.