Aggregate Import Demand Function for Japan: A Cointegration Re-investigation
AbstractApplying a rolling windows approach, this study aims to re-visit the existing literature on cointegration of aggregate import demand function in Japan. In contrary to many studies, the results of cointegration tests suggest that the presence of cointegration relationship for Japan's aggregate import demand function is not stable over the sample period, 1973.Q1-2007.Q2. Again, the estimated elasticities of income and relative prices of imports are varying over the sample period—the income variable is elastic while, the price is found to be inelastic, on average.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Global Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 37 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RGER20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khurram Ashfaq Baluch & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2012. "Price and Income Elasticity of Imports: The Case of Pakistan," Working Papers id:4899, eSocialSciences.
- Tang Tuck Cheong, 2003. "Aggregate Import Demand Function For Eighteen Oic Countries: A Cointegration Analysis," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 11(2), pages 167-195, December.
- Komain Jiranyakul, 2013.
"Exchange Rate Uncertainty and Import Demand of Thailand,"
Asian Economic and Financial Review,
Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 1269-1280, October.
- Jiranyakul, Komain, 2013. "Exchange Rate Uncertainty and Import Demand of Thailand," MPRA Paper 45216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tsangyao Chang & Yuan-Hong Ho & Chiung-Ju Huang, 2005. "A Reexamination Of South Korea¡¯S Aggregate Import Demand Function: The Bounds Test Analysis," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 119-128, June.
- Jayanthakumaran, Kankesu & Sanidas, Elias, 2005. "The Impact of Unilateral and Regional Trade Liberalisation on the Intra-ASEAN 5 Founding Nations' Exports and Export-GDP Nexus," Economics Working Papers wp05-14, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Lai, Yew Wah, 2011. "The Stability of Export-led Growth Hypothesis: Evidence from Asia's Four Little Dragons," MPRA Paper 27962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hooy, Chee-Wooi & Chan, Tze-Haw, 2008. "Examining Exchange Rates Exposure, J-Curve and the Marshall-Lerner Condition for High Frequency Trade Series between China and Malaysia," MPRA Paper 10916, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Oct 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.