The unequal distribution of the public-private sector wage gap in Greece: evidence from quantile regression
AbstractQuantile regression analysis is used to estimate the public-private sector wage differential in Greece. The results suggest that wage differences between sectors are mainly attributed to the employee's endowment. The decomposition of the wage differential shows that the endowment component (characteristics differential) increases as we move up to the upper quantiles and the unobserved components decrease at higher quantiles. (The views expressed in this paper are those of the author and not those of the Bank of Greece.)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Livanos, Ilias & Pouliakas, Konstantinos, 2008. "Returns to education by academic discipline in the Greek labour market," MPRA Paper 14159, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Monojit Chatterji & Terhi Maczulskij & Jaakko Pehkonen, 2008. "Public Sector Pay in Finland," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 213, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Maczulskij, Terhi, 2013. "Public–private sector wage differentials and the business cycle," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 284-301.
- Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Livanos, Ilias, 2008. "The Gender Wage Gap as a Function of Educational Degree Choices in Greece," MPRA Paper 14168, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Mar 2009.
- Santiago Budria, 2010.
"Schooling and the distribution of wages in the European private and public sectors,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 42(8), pages 1045-1054.
- Budria, Santiago, 2006. "Schooling and the distribution of wages in the european private and public sectors," MPRA Paper 90, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sayın San & Özgür Polat, 2012. "Estimation of Public–Private Wage Differentials in T urkey with Sample Correction," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 50(3), pages 285-298, 09.
- Mercedes Teruel & AgustÃ Segarra, 2011. "Productivity and R&D sources in manufacturing and service firms in Catalonia: a regional approach," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1860, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.