How international outsourcing drives up Eastern European wages
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv.
Volume (Year): 138 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hartmut Egger & Josef Falkinger, 2001. "A Complete Characterization of the Distributional Effects of International Outsourcing in the Heckscher-Ohlin Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 573, CESifo Group Munich.
- Filip Abraham & Josef Konings, 1999. "Does the Opening of Central and Eastern Europe Threaten Employment in the West?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 585-601, 06.
- Deardorff, A.V., 1998.
"Fragmentation in Simple Trade Models,"
98-11, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Deardorff, Alan V., 2001. "Fragmentation in simple trade models," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 121-137, July.
- Kohler, Wilhelm, 2001. "A specific-factors view on outsourcing," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 31-53, March.
- Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger, 2000. "Outsourcing and skill-specific employment in a small economy: Austria and the fall of the Iron Curtain," Economics working papers 2000-24, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras,"
NBER Working Papers
5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997. "Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- repec:fth:michin:422 is not listed on IDEAS
- Egger, Hartmut & Falkinger, Josef, 2003. "The distributional effects of international outsourcing in a 2 x 2 production model," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 189-206, August.
- Fritz Breuss, 2007.
"Globalization, EU Enlargement and Income Distribution,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Fritz Breuss, 2010. "Globalisation, EU enlargement and income distribution," International Journal of Public Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1/2), pages 16-34.
- Fritz Breuss, 2007. "Globalization, EU Enlargement and Income Distribution," FIW Working Paper series 008, FIW.
- Horgos, Daniel, 2009.
"Labor market effects of international outsourcing: How measurement matters,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 611-623, October.
- Daniel Horgos, 2007. "Labor Market Effects of International Outsourcing: How Measurement Matters," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 58, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Horgos, Daniel, 2007. "Labor Market Effects of International Outsourcing: How Measurement Matters," Working Paper 62/2007, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Nils Braakmann & Alexander Vogel, 2009. "The impact of the 2004 EU-enlargement on enterprise performance and exports of service enterprises in the German eastern border region," Working Paper Series in Economics 124, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Alessia Lo Turco & Aleksandra Parteka, 2009. "Empirical investigation on labour market interactions in an enlarged Europe," Bank i Kredyt, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute, vol. 40(1), pages 87-105.
- Nils Braakmann & Alexander Vogel, 2009.
"How does economic integration influence employment and wages in border regions? The case of the EU-enlargement 2004 and Germany’s eastern border,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
142, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Nils Braakmann & Alexander Vogel, 2011. "How does economic integration influence employment and wages in border regions? The case of the EU enlargement 2004 and Germany’s eastern border," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 147(2), pages 303-323, June.
- Hongbo Cai & Xiangjun Zhang, 2011. "Off-shoring and labor productivity: Evidence from China," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 271-289, June.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu, 2011. "Bilateral tariff rates in international trade : finished goods versus intermediate goods," IDE Discussion Papers 304, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Castellani, Davide & De Benedictis, Luca & Horgos, Daniel, 2013.
"Can we really trust offshoring indices?,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 159-172.
- Moritz, Michael, 2008.
"Spatial effects of open borders on the Czech labour market,"
59, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Michael Moritz, 2011. "Spatial effects of open borders on the Czech labour market," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(2), pages 305-331, 04.
- Moritz, Michael, 2008. "Spatial effects of open borders on the Czech labour market," IAB Discussion Paper 200830, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Michael Moritz, 2009. "Spatial Effects of Open Borders on the Czech Labour Market," WIFO Working Papers 345, WIFO.
- Alessia LO TURCO & Aleksandra PARTEKA, 2010.
"The Demand for Skills and the Labor Cost in Partner Countries: Evidence from the Enlarged EU,"
348, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Alessia Lo Turco & Aleksandra Parteka, 2011. "The demand for skills and labour costs in partner countries," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(3), pages 611-637, 07.
- Parteka, Aleksandra & Wolszczak-Derlacz, Joanna, 2013. "Integrated Sectors - Diversified Earnings: The (Missing) Impact of Offshoring on Wages and Wage Convergence in the EU27," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt3tm2935j, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Alessia Lo Turco & Aleksandra Parteka, 2009. "The EU enlargement and domestic employment," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2202-2217.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.