International trade and technology: A brief survey of the recent literature
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv.
Volume (Year): 120 (1984)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hindenburgufer 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald Jones, 1970. "The Role of Technology in the Theory of International Trade," NBER Chapters, in: The Technology Factor in International Trade, pages 73-94 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berglas, Eitan & Jones, Ronald W., 1977. "The export of technology," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 159-202, January.
- Loury, Glenn C, 1979.
"Market Structure and Innovation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(3), pages 395-410, August.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Norman, Victor D., 1977. "Technological change and factor mix over the product cycle : A model of dynamic comparative advantage," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 3-24, February.
- John S. Chipman, 1970. "Induced Technical Change and Patterns of International Trade," NBER Chapters, in: The Technology Factor in International Trade, pages 95-142 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sveikauskas, Leo A, 1983. "Science and Technology in United States Foreign Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(371), pages 542-54, September.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1974. "The Commodity Composition of International Trade in Manufactures: An Empirical Analysis," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 350-74, November.
- Spence, Michael, 1984. "Cost Reduction, Competition, and Industry Performance," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(1), pages 101-21, January.
- Teubal, Morris, 1973. "Comparative advantage and technological change: The learning by doing case," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 161-177, May.
- Albert Berry, 1974. "Static effects of technological borrowing on national income: A taxonomy of cases," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 110(4), pages 580-608, December.
- Jones, Ronald W. & Peter Neary, J., 1984. "The positive theory of international trade," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 1-62 Elsevier.
- Feenstra, Robert C & Judd, Kenneth L, 1982. "Tariffs, Technology Transfer, and Welfare," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1142-65, December.
- Borkakoti, Jitendralal, 1975. "Some Welfare Implications of the Neo-Technology Hypothesis of the Pattern of International Trade," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 383-99, November.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980.
"Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands,"
1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982. "Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-65, June.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1982.
"Strategic Commitment with R&D: The Symmetric Case,"
516, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- James R. Markusen & Lars E.O. Svensson, 1983.
"Trade in Goods and Factors with International Differences in Technology,"
NBER Working Papers
1101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markusen, James R & Svensson, Lars E O, 1985. "Trade in Goods and Factors with International Differences in Technology," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(1), pages 175-92, February.
- Lapan, Harvey & Bardhan, Pranab, 1973. "Localized technical progress and transfer of technology and economic development," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 585-595, December.
- Lester G. Telser, 1982. "A Theory of Innovation and Its Effects," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 69-92, Spring.
- Klein, Roger W, 1973. "A Dynamic Theory of Comparative Advantage," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(1), pages 173-84, March.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1982.
"International R&D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy,"
518, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Spencer, Barbara J & Brander, James A, 1983. "International R & D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 707-22, October.
- Brecher, Richard A, 1982. "Optimal Policy in the Presence of Licensed Technology from Abroad," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 1072-78, October.
- Kamien, Morton I & Schwartz, Nancy L, 1976. "On the Degree of Rivalry for Maximum Innovative Activity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 245-60, May.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
- Teece, David J, 1977. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-how," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(346), pages 242-61, June.
- Gaskins, Darius Jr., 1971. "Dynamic limit pricing: Optimal pricing under threat of entry," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 306-322, September.
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1975. "Trade in Technological Knowledge and the National Advantage," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(1), pages 121-35, February.
- Ruff, Larry E., 1969. "Research and technological progress in a cournot economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 397-415, December.
- Takeo Nakao, 1982. "Product Quality and Market Structure," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 133-142, Spring.
- Magee, Stephen P., 1977. "Application of the dynamic limit pricing model to the price of technology and international technology transfer," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 203-224, January.
- Joachim Zietz & Bichaka Fayissa, 1992. "R & D expenditures and import competition: Some evidence for the U.S," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 52-66, March.
- Naujoks, Petra & Schmidt, Klaus-Dieter, 1995. "Foreign direct investment and trade in transition countries: Tracing links. A sequel," Kiel Working Papers 704, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Herbert Dawid & Alfred Greiner & Benteng Zou, 2008.
"Optimal Foreign Investment Dynamics in the Presence of Technological Spillovers,"
CREA Discussion Paper Series
08-07, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Dawid, Herbert & Greiner, Alfred & Zou, Benteng, 2010. "Optimal foreign investment dynamics in the presence of technological spillovers," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 296-313, March.
- Sander, Birgit & Schmidt, Klaus-Dieter, 1998. "Wirtschaftliche Perspektiven von Grenzregionen : ein internationaler Vergleich," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1785, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Aykut Kibritcioglu, 2001. "Technological Developments and their Effects on World Trade: Any Implications for Governments?," International Trade 0108006, EconWPA.
- Gerling, Katja & Schmidt, Klaus-Dieter, 1998. "Emerging East-West corporate networks in Central European border regions: Some theoretical arguments and stylized facts," Kiel Working Papers 852, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.