Purification, saturation and the exact law of large numbers
AbstractPurification results are important in game theory and statistical decision theory. We prove a new purification theorem that generalizes several earlier results. The key idea of our proof is to make use of the exact law of large numbers. As an application, we show that every mixed strategy in games with finite players, general action spaces and diffused, conditionally independent incomplete information has many strong purifications. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2012
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 50 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Wang, Jianwei & Zhang, Yongchao, 2010. "Purification, Saturation and the Exact Law of Large Numbers," MPRA Paper 22119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Konrad Podczeck, 2009. "On purification of measure-valued maps," Economic Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 399-418, February.
- Sun, Yeneng, 1998. "A theory of hyperfinite processes: the complete removal of individual uncertainty via exact LLN1," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 419-503, May.
- Nicholas Yannelis, 2009. "Debreuâ€™s social equilibrium theorem with asymmetric information and a continuum of agents," Economic Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 419-432, February.
- Konrad Podczeck, 2010. "On existence of rich Fubini extensions," Economic Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 1-22, October.
- Khan, M. Ali & Rath, Kali P., 2009. "On games with incomplete information and the Dvoretsky-Wald-Wolfowitz theorem with countable partitions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(12), pages 830-837, December.
- Rath, Kali P, 1992. "A Direct Proof of the Existence of Pure Strategy Equilibria in Games with a Continuum of Players," Economic Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 427-33, July.
- Noguchi, Mitsunori, 2009. "Existence of Nash equilibria in large games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 168-184, January.
- Podczeck, Konrad, 2008. "On the convexity and compactness of the integral of a Banach space valued correspondence," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 836-852, July.
- Sun, Yeneng, 2006. "The exact law of large numbers via Fubini extension and characterization of insurable risks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 31-69, January.
- Khan, M. Ali & Zhang, Yongchao, 2014. "On the existence of pure-strategy equilibria in games with private information: A complete characterization," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 197-202.
- M. Ali Khan & Kali P. Rath & Yeneng Sun & Haomiao Yu, 2012.
"Large Games with a Bio-Social Typology,"
Working Papers, Ryerson University, Department of Economics
035, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Greinecker & Konrad Podczeck, 2013. "Purification and Independence," Working Papers 2013-18, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Grant, Simon & Meneghel, Idione & Tourky, Rabee, 2013. "Savage Games: A Theory of Strategic Interaction with Purely Subjective Uncertainty," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers, University of Queensland, School of Economics 151501, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Yu, Haomiao & Khan, M. Ali & Rath, Kali P. & Sun, Yeneng, 0. "Strategic uncertainty and the ex-post Nash property in large games," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.