On the convexity and compactness of the integral of a Banach space valued correspondence
AbstractWe characterize the class of finite measure spaces which guarantee that for a correspondence [phi] from to a general Banach space the Bochner integral of [phi] is convex. In addition, it is shown that if [phi] has weakly compact values and is integrably bounded, then, for this class of measure spaces, the Bochner integral of [phi] is weakly compact, too. Analogous results are provided with regard to the Gelfand integral of correspondences taking values in the dual of a separable Banach space, with "weakly compact" replaced by "weak*-compact." The crucial condition on the measure space concerns its measure algebra and is consistent with having T=[0,1] and [mu] to be an extension of Lebesgue measure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Volume (Year): 44 (2008)
Issue (Month): 7-8 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sun, Yeneng & Zhang, Yongchao, 2008.
"Individual Risk and Lebesgue Extension without Aggregate Uncertainty,"
7448, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sun, Yeneng & Zhang, Yongchao, 2009. "Individual risk and Lebesgue extension without aggregate uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 432-443, January.
- Haomiao Yu, 2014. "Rationalizability in large games," Economic Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 457-479, February.
- Noguchi, Mitsunori, 2009. "Existence of Nash equilibria in large games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 168-184, January.
- M. Ali Khan & Kali P. Rath & Yeneng Sun & Haomiao Yu, 2012.
"Large Games with a Bio-Social Typology,"
Working Papers, Ryerson University, Department of Economics
035, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Carmona, Guilherme & Podczeckz, Konrad, 2008.
"On the Existence of Pure-Strategy Equilibria in Large Games,"
FEUNL Working Paper Series, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia
wp531, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Carmona, Guilherme & Podczeck, Konrad, 2009. "On the existence of pure-strategy equilibria in large games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 144(3), pages 1300-1319, May.
- Sun, Yeneng & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2008. "Saturation and the integration of Banach valued correspondences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 861-865, July.
- Wang, Jianwei & Zhang, Yongchao, 2010.
"Purification, Saturation and the Exact Law of Large Numbers,"
22119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jianwei Wang & Yongchao Zhang, 2012. "Purification, saturation and the exact law of large numbers," Economic Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 527-545, August.
- Barlo, Mehmet & Carmona, Guilherme, 2011. "Strategic behavior in non-atomic games," MPRA Paper 35549, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Greinecker & Konrad Podczeck, 2013. "Liapounoff's vector measure theorem in Banach spaces," Working Papers, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck 2013-20, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.