On the convexity and compactness of the integral of a Banach space valued correspondence
AbstractWe characterize the class of finite measure spaces which guarantee that for a correspondence [phi] from to a general Banach space the Bochner integral of [phi] is convex. In addition, it is shown that if [phi] has weakly compact values and is integrably bounded, then, for this class of measure spaces, the Bochner integral of [phi] is weakly compact, too. Analogous results are provided with regard to the Gelfand integral of correspondences taking values in the dual of a separable Banach space, with "weakly compact" replaced by "weak*-compact." The crucial condition on the measure space concerns its measure algebra and is consistent with having T=[0,1] and [mu] to be an extension of Lebesgue measure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Volume (Year): 44 (2008)
Issue (Month): 7-8 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sun, Yeneng & Zhang, Yongchao, 2008.
"Individual Risk and Lebesgue Extension without Aggregate Uncertainty,"
7448, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sun, Yeneng & Zhang, Yongchao, 2009. "Individual risk and Lebesgue extension without aggregate uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 432-443, January.
- Jianwei Wang & Yongchao Zhang, 2012.
"Purification, saturation and the exact law of large numbers,"
Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 527-545, August.
- Wang, Jianwei & Zhang, Yongchao, 2010. "Purification, Saturation and the Exact Law of Large Numbers," MPRA Paper 22119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Noguchi, Mitsunori, 2009. "Existence of Nash equilibria in large games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 168-184, January.
- Khan, M. Ali & Rath, Kali P. & Sun, Yeneng & Yu, Haomiao, 2013.
"Large games with a bio-social typology,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 1122-1149.
- Carmona, Guilherme & Podczeck, Konrad, 2009.
"On the existence of pure-strategy equilibria in large games,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 144(3), pages 1300-1319, May.
- Carmona, Guilherme & Podczeckz, Konrad, 2008. "On the Existence of Pure-Strategy Equilibria in Large Games," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp531, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Michael Greinecker & Konrad Podczeck, 2013. "Liapounoff's vector measure theorem in Banach spaces," Working Papers 2013-20, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Barlo, Mehmet & Carmona, Guilherme, 2011. "Strategic behavior in non-atomic games," MPRA Paper 35549, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sun, Yeneng & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2008. "Saturation and the integration of Banach valued correspondences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 861-865, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.