Matching Unemployed and Vacancies at the Public Employment Office
AbstractPublic employment offices match job seekers and vacancies. The effectiveness of this matching process depends on the way these offices handle the job vacancies. This article studies the matching process by analyzing the effect of different mediation methods on the duration of job vacancies. The results suggest that intensive mediation reduces average vacancy duration, indicating that public employment offices can improve the matching process.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abbring, J.H. & Ours, J.C., 1993.
"How to reduce vacancy durations,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0032, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2097071 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martina Lubyova & Jan C. van Ours, 1997.
"Work Incentives and the Probability of Leaving Unemployment in the Slovak Republic,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
97-071/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Martina Lubyova & Jan C. van Ours, 1997. "Work Incentives and the Probability of Leaving Unemployment in the Slovak Republic," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 82, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Martina Lubyova & Jan C. van Ours, 1997. "Work Incentives and the Probability of Leaving Unemployment in the Slovak Republic," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-071/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Smith, Sandra Susan & Broege, Nora C. R., 2012. "Searching For Work with a Criminal Record," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt7d56c799, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Russo, Giovanni & Gorter, Cees & Schettkat, Ronald, 2001. "Searching, hiring and labour market conditions," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 553-571, December.
- Arjen de Vetten, 2007. "Incentives and Regional Coordination in Employment Services," CPB Memorandum 190, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.