Have family income mobility patterns changed?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 36 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levy, Frank & Murnane, Richard J, 1992. "U.S. Earnings Levels and Earnings Inequality: A Review of Recent Trends and Proposed Explanations," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1333-81, September.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, January.
- John F. Geweke & Michael P. Keane, 1997.
"An empirical analysis of income dynamics among men in the PSID: 1968-1989,"
Staff Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
233, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- J. Geweke & M. Keane, . "An Empirical Analysis of Income Dynamics among Men in the PSID: 1968â€“1989," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1127-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1992. "Incentive Effects of the U.S. Welfare System: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 1-61, March.
- Katz, Lawrence F & Murphy, Kevin M, 1992.
"Changes in Relative Wages, 1963-1987: Supply and Demand Factors,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press,
MIT Press, vol. 107(1), pages 35-78, February.
- Katz, L.F. & Murphy, K.M., 1991. "Changes in Relative Wages, 1963-1987: Supply and Demand Factors," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1580, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Kevin M. Murphy, 1991. "Changes in Relative Wages, 1963-1987: Supply and Demand Factors," NBER Working Papers 3927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- O'Neill, June & Polachek, Solomon, 1993. "Why the Gender Gap in Wages Narrowed in the 1980s," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 205-28, January.
- Lynn Karoly & Gary Burtless, 1995. "Demographic change, rising earnings inequality, and the distribution of personal well-being, 1959–1989," Demography, Springer, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 379-405, August.
- Kenneth A. Swinnerton & Howard Wial, 1995. "Is job stability declining in the U.S. economy?," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 48(2), pages 293-304, January.
- Robert E. Goodin & Bruce Headey & Ruud Muffels, 1997. "Poverty, Inequality, and Income Redistribution in the 'Three Worlds of Welfare Capitalism: United States, Germany, and the Netherlands, 1985 to 1989," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 66(1), pages 92-101.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters, in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katharine Bradbury, 2011. "Trends in U. S. family income mobility, 1969-2006," Working Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston 11-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Chen, Tao & Couch, Kenneth A., 2013. "Permanent and transitory inequality and intragenerational mobility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 200-202.
- Bolvig, Iben, 2004. "Within- and between-firm mobility in the low-wage labour market," Working Papers 04-11, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Till van Treeck, 2012. "Did inequality cause the U.S. financial crisis?," IMK Working Paper 91-2012, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Thomas A. DiPrete, 2001. "Life Course Risks, Mobility Regimes, and Mobility Consequences: A Comparison of Sweden, Germany and the U.S," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 255, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2013-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jäntti, Markus & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2013.
IZA Discussion Papers
7730, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Markus Jäntti & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2013. "Income Mobility," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 607, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Markus Jantti & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2014. "Income Mobility," Working Papers 319, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Peter Gottschalk & Robert Moffitt, 2009. "The Rising Instability of U.S. Earnings," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(4), pages 3-24, Fall.
- Colleen M. Heflin & Mary E. Pattillo, 2002. "Crossing Class Boundaries: Race, Siblings and Socioeconomic Heterogeneity," JCPR Working Papers 252, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Richard V. Burkhauser & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2000. "Microdata Panel Data and Public Policy: National and Cross-National Perspectives," Center for Policy Research Working Papers, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University 23, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.