Dynamism in the Gender Wage Gap: Evidence from Pakistan
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Pakistan Institute of Development Economics in its journal The Pakistan Development Review.
Volume (Year): 46 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Newell, Andrew T. & Reilly, Barry, 2001. "The Gender Pay Gap in the Transition from Communism: Some Empirical Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 268, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jaume Garcia & Pedro J. Hernández & Ángel López Nicolás, 1998.
"How wide is the gap? An investigation of gender wage differences using quantile regression,"
Economics Working Papers
287, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Angel López-Nicolás & Jaume García & Pedro J. Hernández, 2001. "How wide is the gap? An investigation of gender wage differences using quantile regression," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 149-167.
- Pereira, Pedro Telhado & Martins, Pedro Silva, 2002.
"Does Education Reduce Wage Inequality? Quantile Regressions Evidence from Fifteen European Countries,"
709, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Pereira, Pedro Telhado & Martins, Pedro Silva, 2000. "Does Education Reduce Wage Inequality? Quantile Regressions Evidence from Fifteen European Countries," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp379, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Pereira, Pedro T. & Martins, Pedro S., 2000. "Does Education Reduce Wage Inequality? Quantile Regressions Evidence from Fifteen European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 120, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000.
"Gender Differences in Pay,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 75-99, Fall.
- Erica L. Groshen, 1987.
"The structure of the female/male wage differential: is it who you are, what you do, or where you work?,"
8708, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Erica L. Groshen, 1991. "The Structure of the Female/Male Wage Differential: Is It Who You Are, What You Do, or Where You Work?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(3), pages 457-472.
- Welch, Finis, 1973. "Black-White Differences in Returns to Schooling," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(5), pages 893-907, December.
- Newell, Andrew & Reilly, Barry, 2001.
"The gender pay gap in the transition from communism: some empirical evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 287-304, December.
- Andrew Newell & Barry Reilly, 2000. "The Gender Pay Gap in the Transition from Communism: Some Empirical Evidence," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 305, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Muhammad Sabir & Zehra Aftab, 2006. "Province-wise Growth Patterns in Human Capital Accumulation," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 873-890.
- Shahrukh Rafi Khan & Mohammad Irfan, 1985. "Rates of Returns to Education and the Determinants of Earnings in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 24(3-4), pages 671-683.
- Chris Sakellariou, 2004. "The use of quantile regressions in estimating gender wage differentials: a case study of the Philippines," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1001-1007.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Martins, Pedro S. & Pereira, Pedro T., 2004. "Does education reduce wage inequality? Quantile regression evidence from 16 countries," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 355-371, June.
- Mujahid, Noureen & Muhammad Shahbaz, Shabbir & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2014. "Labor Market Conditions-Female Labor Supply Nexus: The Role of Globalization in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 57179, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Jul 2014.
- Ahsan, Henna & Idrees, Dr Muhammad, 2014. "Impact of Health on Earnings: Individual and District Level Analysis for Pakistan," MPRA Paper 56769, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Jun 2014.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.