The Cost Channel Reconsidered: A Comment Using an Identification‐Robust Approach
AbstractWe re-examine the empirical relevance of the cost channel of monetary policy (e.g. Ravenna and Walsh, 2006), employing recently developed moment-conditions inference methods, including identiÃâ¦cation-robust procedures. Using US data, our results suggest that the cost channel effect is poorly identiÃâ¦ed and we are thus unable to corroborate the previous results in the literature
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell Publishing in its journal Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
Volume (Year): 42 (2010)
Issue (Month): 8 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879
Other versions of this item:
- Vasco J. Gabriel & Luis F. Martins, 2010. "The cost channel reconsidered: a comment using an identification-robust approach," NIPE Working Papers 30/2010, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Vasco Gabriel & Luis Martins, 2010. "The Cost Channel Reconsidered: A Comment Using an Identification-Robust Approach," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1010, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meixing Dai & Qiao Zhang, 2013. "Central bank transparency with the cost channel," Working Papers of BETA 2013-06, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Jochen Michaelis, 2012. "Optimal Monetary Policy in a Currency Union: The Role of the Cost Channel," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201203, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.