Brewing Wars of Attrition for Profit (and Concentration)
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 33 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
War of attrition; Profit; Advertising; Concentration dynamics; Brewing industry; L11; L66; M37;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Porter, Michael E, 1976. "Interbrand Choice, Media Mix and Market Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 398-406, May.
- William James Adams, 2006. "Markets: Beer in Germany and the United States," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 189-205, Winter.
- McElroy, Marjorie B., 1977. "Goodness of fit for seemingly unrelated regressions : Glahn's R2y.x and Hooper's r2," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 381-387, November.
- Martin, Stephen, 1984. "The Misuse of Accounting Rates of Return: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 501-06, June.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 1997.
"The Generalized War of Attrition,"
NBER Working Papers
5872, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Klemperer, Paul, 1997. "The Generalized War of Attrition," CEPR Discussion Papers 1564, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeremy I. Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 1996. "The Generalized War of Attrition," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1142, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Paul Klemperer & Jeremy Bulow, 1997. "The Generalized War of Attrition," Economics Series Working Papers 1998-W01, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Paul Klemperer & Jeremy Bulow, 1999. "The Generalized War of Attrition," Game Theory and Information 9901004, EconWPA.
- Jeong, Kap-Young & Masson, Robert T., 2003. "A new methodology linking concentration dynamics to current and steady-state profits:Examining Korean industrial policy during take-off," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1489-1526, December.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-71, November.
- Ashley, R & Granger, C W J & Schmalensee, R, 1980. "Advertising and Aggregate Consumption: An Analysis of Causality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1149-67, July.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "A Theory of Exit in Duopoly," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 943-60, July.
- Jon Nelson, 2005. "Beer Advertising and Marketing Update: Structure, Conduct, and Social Costs," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 269-306, December.
- Slade, Margaret E., 2004. "Competing models of firm profitability," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 289-308, March.
- Greer, Douglas F, 1971. "Production Differentiation and Concentration in the Brewing Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 201-19, July.
- Fisher, Franklin M & McGowan, John J, 1983. "On the Misuse of Accounting Rates of Return to Infer Monopoly Profits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 82-97, March.
- Gisser, Mica, 1999. "Dynamic Gains and Static Losses in Oligopoly: Evidence from the Beer Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(3), pages 554-75, July.
- Geroski, P. A. & Masson, R. T. & Shaanan, S., 1987. "The dynamics of market structure," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 93-100, March.
- Victor Tremblay & Natsuko Iwasaki & Carol Tremblay, 2005. "The Dynamics of Industry Concentration for U.S. Micro and Macro Brewers," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 307-324, December.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Seldon, Barry J. & Tremblay, Victor J., 2004. "Advertising efficiency and the choice of media mix: a case of beer," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 503-522, April.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.