Competing models of firm profitability
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 22 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sam Peltzman, 1977.
"The Gains and Losses From Industrial Concentration,"
NBER Working Papers
0163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1977. "The Gains and Losses from Industrial Concentration," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(2), pages 229-63, October.
- David Levhari & Nissan Liviatan, 1977. "Notes on Hotelling's Economics of Exhaustible Resources," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 177-92, May.
- Farrow, Scott, 1985. "Testing the Efficiency of Extraction from a Stock Resource," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 452-87, June.
- Mark Blaug, 2001. "Is Competition Such a Good Thing? Static Efficiency versus Dynamic Efficiency," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 37-48, August.
- Slade, Margaret E., 1982. "Trends in natural-resource commodity prices: An analysis of the time domain," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 122-137, June.
- Smith, V. Kerry, 1981. "The empirical relevance of hotelling's model for natural resources," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 105-117, October.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-70, May.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009 Elsevier.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- Denise Young, 1992. "Cost Specification and Firm Behaviour in a Hotelling Model of Resource Extraction," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 41-59, February.
- Heal, Geoffrey & Barrow, Michael, 1980. "The Relationship between Interest Rates and Metal Price Movements," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 161-81, January.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1976. "Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(171), pages 267-74, August.
- Margaret E. Slade & Henry Thille, 1997. "Hotelling Confronts CAPM: A Test of the Theory of Exhaustible Resources," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 685-708, August.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Monopoly and the Rate of Extraction of Exhaustible Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 655-61, September.
- Gregory M. Ellis & Robert Halvorsen, 2002. "Estimation of Market Power in a Nonrenewable Resource Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(4), pages 883-899, August.
- Mirko Draca & Stephen Machin & John Van Reenen, 2006.
"Minimum wages and firm profitability,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
774, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Draca, Mirko & Machin, Stephen & Van Reenen, John, 2006. "Minimum Wages and Firm Profitability," IZA Discussion Papers 1913, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mirko Draca & Stephen Machin & John Van Reenen, 2006. "Minimum Wages and Firm Profitability," CEP Discussion Papers dp0715, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mirko Draca & Stephen Machin & John Van Reenen, 2008. "Minimum Wages and Firm Profitability," NBER Working Papers 13996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Draca, Mirko & Machin, Steve & Van Reenen, John, 2006. "Minimum Wages and Firm Profitability," CEPR Discussion Papers 5456, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Linden, Mikael & Peltola-Ojala, Päivi, 2010. "The deregulation effects of Finnish electricity markets on district heating prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1191-1198, September.
- Kounetas, Kostas & Tsekouras, Kostas, 2008. "The energy efficiency paradox revisited through a partial observability approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2517-2536, September.
- Thamir Hadi Abod AL-GENABI & Tudor NISTORESCU & Sorina GÎRBOVEANU, 2010. "Strategic Approaches With Effects On Competitiveness And Profitability Of Textile Market In Iraq," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 0(2), pages 165-179, November.
- Zambujal-Oliveira, J., 2012. "Tax competition for foreign direct investment under information uncertainty," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2269-2273.
- Natsuko Iwasaki & Barry Seldon & Victor Tremblay, 2008. "Brewing Wars of Attrition for Profit (and Concentration)," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 263-279, December.
- Heger, Diana & Kraft, Kornelius, 2008. "A Test of the Quality of Concentration Indices," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-072, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Sumit K. Majumdar, 2011. "How much does industry matter in an emerging market economy?," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 256, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Philippa Dee & Christopher Findlay, 2006. "Trade Facilitation: What, Why, How, Where and When?," IDB Publications 47578, Inter-American Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.