The Spillover Effects of Industrial Action on Firm Profitability
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 15 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
Unions; strikes; profitability; price-cost margins; oligopoly;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard A. DeFusco & Scott M. Fuess & Jr, 1991. "The effects of airline strikes on struck and nonstruck carriers," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(2), pages 324-333, January.
- Geroski, Paul A & Hamlin, Alan P & Knight, Kenneth G, 1982. "Wages, Strikes and Market Structure," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 276-91, July.
- Beggs, John J & Chapman, Bruce J, 1987. "An Empirical Analysis of Australian Strike Activity: Estimating the Industrial Relations Effect of the First Three Years of the Prices and Incomes Accord," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 63(180), pages 46-60, March.
- Joseph S. Tracy, 1986.
"An Empirical Test of an Asymmetric Information Model of Strikes,"
NBER Working Papers
1870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tracy, Joseph S, 1987. "An Empirical Test of an Asymmetric Information Model of Strikes," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(2), pages 149-73, April.
- Machin, S.J., 1991. "Unions and the capture of economic rents: An investigation using british firm level data," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 261-274, June.
- Machin, Stephen & Van Reenen, John, 1993. "Profit Margins and the Business Cycle: Evidence from UK Manufacturing Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 29-50, March.
- Ian Domowitz & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1986. "Business Cycles and the Relationship Between Concentration and Price-Cost Margins," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 1-17, Spring.
- George R. Neumann & Melvin W. Reder, 1984. "Output and strike activity in U.S. manufacturing: How large are the losses?," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 37(2), pages 197-211, January.
- Conyon, M. & Machin, S., 1991. "Market structure and the empirical specification of profit margins," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 227-231, February.
- Haskel, Jonathan & Martin, Christopher, 1992. "Margins, concentration, unions and the business cycle : Theory and evidence for Britain," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 611-632, December.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bond, Stephen, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 277-97, April.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1976. "Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(171), pages 267-74, August.
- Anderson, T. W. & Hsiao, Cheng, 1982. "Formulation and estimation of dynamic models using panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 47-82, January.
- Gunderson, Morley & Melino, Angelo, 1987. "Estimating Strike Effects in a General Model of Prices and Quantities," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Geroski, Paul A & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1988. "The Persistence of Profits: A European Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 375-89, June.
- George R. Neumann, 1980. "The predictability of strikes: Evidence from the stock market," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 33(4), pages 525-535, July.
- Bhattacharya, M. & Bloch, H., 1995. "Specification and Testing the Profit-Concentration Relationship: Some Empirical Findings for the Australian Manufacturing," Papers 1995-02, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Keane, Michael P & Runkle, David E, 1992. "On the Estimation of Panel-Data Models with Serial Correlation When Instruments Are Not Strictly Exogenous," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Dowrick, Steve, 1990. "Wage Pressure, Bargaining and Price-Cost Margins in UK Manufacturing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 239-67, March.
- McDonald, James Ted, 1999. "The Determinants of Firm Profitability in Australian Manufacturing," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 75(229), pages 115-26, June.
- Domowitz, Ian & Hubbard, R Glenn & Petersen, Bruce C, 1988.
"Market Structure and Cyclical Fluctuations in U.S. Manufacturing,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 55-66, February.
- Ian Domowitz & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Market Structure and Cyclical Fluctuations in U.S. Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 2115, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Abowd & Joseph S. Tracy, 1988. "Market Structure, Strike Activity, and Union Wage Settlements," NBER Working Papers 2595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard McHugh, 1991. "Productivity effects of strikes in struck and nonstruck industries," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(4), pages 722-732, July.
- Jonathan K. Kramer & Geraldo M. Vasconcellos, 1996. "The economic effect of strikes on the shareholders of nonstruck competitors," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 49(2), pages 213-222, January.
- Paarsch, Harry J, 1990. "Work Stoppages and the Theory of the Offset Factor: Evidence from the British Columbian Lumber Industry," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(3), pages 387-417, July.
- Haskel, Jonathan & Martin, Christopher & Small, Ian, 1995. "Price, Marginal Cost and the Business Cycle," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(1), pages 25-41, February.
- Rashmi Banga, 2007. "Liberalisation and Wage Inequality In India," Working Papers id:805, eSocialSciences.
- Harry Bloch & James Ted McDonald, 2000.
"Import Competition and Labour Productivity,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2000n09, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Hashim, Danish & Banga, Rashmi, 2009. "Impact of Trade on Labour Productivity and Wage Inequality in India," MPRA Paper 35200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patrice Laroche & Hristos Doucouliagos, 2009. "Unions and Profits: A meta-regression Analysis," Post-Print hal-00648569, HAL.
- Ann Hodgkinson, 2004. "Strike Activity Under Enterprise Bargaining: Economics or Politics?," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 7(4), pages 439-457, December.
- Chris Doucouliagos & Patrice Laroche, 2007. "Unions and Profitability: A Meta-Analysis," Economics Series 2007_01, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.