Residential segregation in American cities: A contrary review
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Population Research and Policy Review.
Volume (Year): 7 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102983
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Galster, George C, 1977. "A Bid-Rent Analysis of Housing Market Discrimination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 144-55, March.
- Galster, George C., 1979. "Interracial Variations in Housing Preferences," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 9(1).
- Kern, Clifford R., 1981. "Racial prejudice and residential segregation: The Yinger model revisited," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 164-172, September.
- Struyk, Raymond J. & Turner, Margery A., 1986. "Exploring the effects of racial preferences on urban housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 131-147, March.
- Gabriel, Stuart A & Rosenthal, Stuart S, 1989. "Household Location and Race: Estimates of Multinomial Logit Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 240-49, May.
- Mills, Edwin S., 1985. "Open housing laws as stimulus to central city employment," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 184-188, March.
- Yinger, John, 1976. "Racial prejudice and racial residential segregation in an urban model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 383-396, October.
- Rose-Ackerman, Susan, 1975. "Racism and urban structure," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 85-103, January.
- Courant, Paul N. & Yinger, John, 1977. "On models of racial prejudice and urban residential structure," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 272-291, July.
- W. Clark, 1988. "Understanding residential segregation in American cities: Interpreting the evidence," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 113-121, May.
- Easterly William, 2009.
"Empirics of Strategic Interdependence: The Case of the Racial Tipping Point,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-35, June.
- William Easterly, 2009. "Empirics of Strategic Interdependence: The Case of the Racial Tipping Point," NBER Working Papers 15069, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajiv Sethi & Rohini Somanathan, 2009.
"Racial Inequality and Segregation Measures: Some Evidence from the 2000 Census,"
The Review of Black Political Economy,
Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 79-91, June.
- Rohini Somanathan & Rajiv Sethi, 2009. "Racial Inequality and Segregation Measures: Some Evidence from the 2000 Census," Working Papers id:2104, eSocialSciences.
- Stephen L. Ross & George C. Galster, 2005. "Fair Housing Enforcement and Changes in Discrimination between 1989 and 2000: An Exploratory Study," Working papers 2005-16, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- O'Flaherty, Brendan & Sethi, Rajiv, 2007. "Crime and segregation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 64(3-4), pages 391-405.
- Rajiv Sethi & Rohini Somanathan, 2001. "Racial Income Disparities and the Measurement of Segregation," Urban/Regional 0107001, EconWPA.
- Clark, William A.V., 1988. "Ethnic Preferences and Neighborhood Transitions," Institute for Social Science Research, Working Paper Series qt9j54d99v, Institute for Social Science Research, UCLA.
- Guangqing Chi & Jun Zhu, 2008. "Spatial Regression Models for Demographic Analysis," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 17-42, February.
- Jonathan P. Caulkins & Gustav Feichtinger & Dieter Grass & Michael Johnson & Gernot Tragler & Yuri Yegorov, 2005. "Placing the poor while keeping the rich in their place," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 13(1), pages 1-34, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.