Institute for Social Science Research, UCLA
Institute for Social Science Research, Working Paper Series
Contact information of Institute for Social Science Research, UCLA:
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/issr/
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Lisa Schiff)
Series handle: repec:cdl:issres
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
- qt8hr9754s Understanding the Great Recession
by Palley, Thomas & SHAIKH, ANWAR M & Madrick, Jeff
- qt73x567vb China Since the Global Crisis: Ascent Uninterrupted?
by Lampton, David & Shih, Victor
- qt6t80h30v What Counts in US Politics: Voters or Interest Groups?
by Abramowitz, Alan & Domhoff, William
- qt8k87v5rr Trading Places: China and the US in the International System
by Baum, Richard & Naughton, Barry
- qt7gc5j4jg The Obama Presidency After One Year
by Appleby, Joyce & Lind, Michael
- qt11w7b4pg Climate Change and Public Policy After Copenhagen
by Kahn, Matthew E & Somerville, Richard
- qt0qw2s3n8 A Multilateral Moment: A New US Foreign Policy?
by Clark, Wesley & Schroeder, Paul W.
- qt0dd6k9gt Future of Public Higher Education in California
by Bousquet, Marc & Newfield, Christopher
- qt9vq8w1k5 The World Food Crisis
by Friedmann, Harriet & Patel, Raj
- qt8ng5h5pj Climate Change: Causes, Consequences, and How to Respond
by Liverman, Diana & MacDonald, Glen
- qt88z278jc Climate Change in a World of Slums
by Davis, Mike
- qt7661x837 Perpetual War?
by Clark, General Wesley & Mann, Michael
- qt620417hd Peak Oil and Future of Energy
by Goodstein, David & Smil, Vaclav
- qt5v30j9dg Globalization and Living Standards
by Freeman, Richard B & Leamer, Edward E
- qt4b4325gk Economic Meltdown: Causes and Consequences
by Brenner, Robert & Dymski, Gary
- qt0sg0782h What is Good for Goldman Sachs is Good for America The Origins of the Present Crisis
by Brenner, Robert
- qt9c55s5xr Law and the Courts
by Chemerinsky, Erwin & Yoo, John C
- qt65f652s5 US Foreign Policy: Continuity or Rupture?
by Mann, James & Mueller, John & Steel, Ronald
- qt5qb9d13x The Future of the Mass Media
by Massing, Michael & Sheer, Robert
- qt4gx6h3bt American Empire?
by Johnson, Chalmers
- qt1gm1t2h0 Bush's America - Rhetoric and Realities
by Caldwell, Christopher & Lind, Michael
- qt0s21q78c Organized Workers and the Making of Los Angeles, 1890-1915
by Stansbury, Jeffrey D
- qt09x9979k Immigration Policy: Who Benefits?
by Fetzer, Joel & Waldinger, Roger D
- qt3bc7x3fq Japan and East Asia: Still a Special Path?
by Jung-En Woo, Meredith & Bevacqua, Ron
- qt0nc54198 Paths to Modernity: Japan and the West
by Harootunian, Harry & Gluck, Carol & Notehelfer, Fred G
- qt02b584jb Paths to Modernity: China and India
by Wang, Hui & Subrahmanyam, Sanjay
- qt7fk9n1xd Israel and Palestine
by Rouhana, Nadim & Shafir, Gershon & Doumani, Beshara
- qt62n7n600 A New Populism in Latin American?
by Gilly, Adolfo & Filho, Alfredo S
- qt5bc753cd Hugo Chavez and the Future of Venezuela
by Ellner, Steven & Myers, David
- qt55h5010k Age Shock and Financialization: The Crisis in Pensions
by Blackburn, Robin
- qt3b17628b The Latin American Challenge: Chavez, Morales, Castro
by Ali, Tariq
- qt2tk1w4q3 Israelâ€™s Separation Fence
by Algazi, Gadi
- qt2jq049h1 Russia: Failed Transition?
by Derluguian, Georgi
- qt19t5g16h The Question of European Unity
by Gillingham, John & Cassen, Bernard
- qt0jx1q14k Democracy in Iraq?
by Cole, Juan & Diamond, Larry
- qt01q1q7zp Organizing Against the WTO: Hong Kong
by Au, Loong-Yu
- qt7z45n41j The US Media: Freedom, Power, & Profits
by McChesney, Robert & Cockburn, Alexander
- qt7dt4082m Triumph of the Right?
by Frank, Thomas & Davis, Mike
- qt5mk5g2n5 China Today: Economy and Politics
by Wen, Tiejun
- qt8hh2n4jk Assessment of Interracial/Interethnic Conflict in Los Angeles
by Sears, David O.
- qt7g05r6s4 Where You Live and What You Watch: The Impact of Racial Proximity and Local Television News on Attitudes about Race and Crime
by Gilliam, Franklin D. Jr. & Valentino, Nicholas A. & Beckman, Matthew N.
- qt5sk7r6gk Strategic Frame Analysis: Reframing America's Youth
by Gilliam, Franklin D. Jr. & Bales, Susan Nall
- qt8sq290z2 Prime Suspects: The Corrosive Influence of Local Television
by Gilliam, Franklin D. Jr. & Lyengar, Shanto
- qt8h29z06z Self Interest, Moral Principle, and Social Context: A Rational Choice Analysis of the Abolitionist Movement
by Bawn, Kathleen
- qt7200v97q A Paradox of Public Opinion: Why a Less Interested Public is More Attentive to War
by Baum, Matt
- qt8h93k5zb Long-Term Continuities in the Politics of Race
by Sears, David O. & Valentino, Nicholas A. & Cheleden, Sharmaine V.
- qt4114z5vp The Influence of Local Television News Frames on Attitudes about Childcare: An Evaluation Report to the Benton Foundation
by Coalition for America's Children with the Benton Foundation
- qt2s5116zk The Stealth Campaign: Experimental Studies of Slate Mail in California
by Iyengar, Shanto & Lowenstein, Daniel H. & Masket, Seth
- qt17m7r1rq The "Welfare Queen" Experiment: How Viewers React to Images of African-American Mothers on Welfare
by Gilliam, Franklin D. Jr.
- qt0pk6z5s4 The Persistence of the Past: The Class of 1965 Turns Fifty
by Jennings, M. Kent & Stoker, Laura
- qt7xh5885d Built on Rock or Sand? The Stability of Religiosity and Attitudes Towards Abortion
by Sides, John M.
- qt5mm8q8f7 The Superpredator Script
by Gilliam, Franklin D. Jr. & Iyengar, Shanto
- qt4qt553wq The Blanket Primary: Candidate Strategy and Voter Response
by Petrocik, John R.
- qt27r0t4k4 Reformulating the Party Coalitions: The "Christian Democratic" Republicans
by Petrocik, John R.
- qt00j4p6z2 Is It Really Racism? The Origins of White Americans' Opposition to Race-Targeted Policies
by Sears, David O. & Laar, Colette van & Carillo, Mary & Kosterman, Rick
- qt7gf3q1w1 Negative Campaign Advertising: Demobilizer or Mobilizer
by Wattenberg, Martin P. & Brians, Craig Leonard
- qt21j3p024 American Labor in International Lean Production
by Moody, Kim
- qt92h6s6rg THe Market and the Origins of American Economic Development, 1750-1850
by Clark, Christopher
- qt5sz926t6 The Dilemma of Durable Goods
by Morishima, Michio
- qt4zc171bm China's Rural Enterprises: Effects of Agriculture, Surplus Labor, and Human Capital
by Peng, Yusheng
- qt3z29t4xw Strategic Factors in the Economic Development of Early Massachusetts
by Rothenberg, Winifred
- qt2z1185bm Cultural Underpinnings of Capitalist Development in the Early National Period
by Appleby, Joyce
- qt03k043w8 The Market Economy of the US, 1800-1860
by Henretta, James
- qt9qf459t4 The Organization of Biotechnology Science and Its Commercialization in Japan
by Zucker, Lynne G. & Darby, Michael R.
- qt7jr93229 Edgy Cities, Technoblurbs and Simulcrumbs: Depthless Utopias and Dystopias on the Sub-urban Fringe
by Walker, Richard
- qt5x3285q8 Environmental Planning and Policy in the Los Angeles Region: Openings and Opportunities
by FitzSimmons, Margaret & Gottlieb, Robert
- qt4d96f3xh Inter-Institutional Spillover Effects in the Commercialization of Bioscience
by Zucker, Lynne G. & Darby, Michael R. & Armstrong, Jeff
- qt4480h6s7 Social Networks, Learning, and Flexibility: Sourcing Scientific Knowledge in New Biotechnology Firms
by Liebeskind, Julia Porter & Oliver, Amalya Lumerman & Zucker, Lynne G. & Brewer, Marilynn B.
- qt30s8h806 Los Angeles 1965-1992: Six Geographies of Urban Restructuring
by Soja, Ed
- qt2nw4d7c3 In Between Markets and Hierarchies - Networking Through the Life Cycle of New Biotechnology Firms
by Oliver, Amalya Lumerman
- qt2509q1nf Explaining New York City's Aberrant Economy: Post-Industrial vs Classical Perspectives
by Fitch, Robert
- qt23z6m92c Institutional Analyses of Organizations: Legitimate but not Institutionalized
by Tolbert, Pamela S. & Zucker, Lynne G.
- qt0gd8j9k8 Collaboration Structure and Information Dilemmas in Biotechnology: Organizational Boundaries as Trust Production
by Zucker, Lynne G. & Brewer, Marilynn B. & Darby, Michael R. & Peng, Yusheng
- qt8zc1z8b2 Is the Japanese Economy in Crisis
by Itoh, Makoto
- qt6dc515t4 Is There A Crisis in the World Economy?
by Altvater, Elmer
- qt5214r0ct Schumpeter and Democracy
by Ashcraft, Richard
- qt4n1147f1 From National Movement to Nation
by Hroch, Miroslav
- qt153778zg A National Compensation for Backwardness
by Hanak, Peter
- qt9rp5p8d3 Asian and Latino Immigrants in the Los Angeles Garment Industry: An Exploration of the Relationship Between Capitalism and Racial Oppression
by Bonacich, Edna
- qt840862km Twice Versus Direct Migrants: East African Sikh Settlers in Britain
by Bhachu, Parminder
- qt7jp6m12s Subethnicity: Armenians in Los Angeles
by Sabagh, Georges & Bozorgmehr, Mehdi & Der-Martirosian, Claudia
- qt6sg9z2vt California Immigrants Today
by Cornelius, Wayne A.
- qt65x5987f Critical Issues in the U.S. Legal Immigration Reform Debate
by Papademetriou, Demetrios G.
- qt5wv039z6 Immigration Law in New Zealand and the USA: A Comparison of Recent Changes in New Zealand's Immigration Law with Those Made in the USA
by Wearing, Brian
- qt56m9h3n9 Immigrant Entrepreneurs in France: A European Overview
by Simon, Gildas
- qt52d1c4hh Immigrant Women in Los Angeles
by Morales, Rebecca & Ong, Paul M.
- qt4217p95h The Underside of Fashion: Immigrants in the Parisian Garment Industry
by Morokvasic, Mirjana
- qt34z230ph Immigrant Women in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Wilpert, Czarina Huerta
- qt2w76n5vs Korean Immigrants in Los Angeles
by Min, Pyong Gap
- qt21f995xx Immigrant Entrepreneurs in Israel, Canada and California
by Razin, Eran
- qt1jx9t87h Koreans in Japan and the United States: Attitudes Toward Achievement and Authority
by Devos, Georges & Kim, Eun Young
- qt50g990sk Migration Networks and Immigrant Entrepreneurship
by Light, Ivan & Bhachu, Parminder & Karageorgis, Stavros
- qt2wr6p1kd Colonial Social Formations: The Indian Case
by Alavi, Hamza
- qt2ps0f3cx Uneconomic Factors in 19th Century Economic Development
by Kiernan, Victor
- qt9j54d99v Ethnic Preferences and Neighborhood Transitions
by Clark, William A.V.
- qt9g79s82x Ethnicity and the Politics of Growth in Monterey Park, California
by Horton, John
- qt9353344c Machine-Readable Data Sources for Comparative Ethnic Research: Problems and Prospects
by Stephenson, Elizabeth
- qt8wt0s6zw Ethnic Cleavages and Voting Patterns in Los Angeles
by Jackson, Bryan O.
- qt8sf2r8w6 Racial and Ethnic Politics in America
by Pinderhughes, Dianne M.
- qt8rm703tr Ethnicity and Gender in the Global Periphery: A Comparison of Basotho and Navajo Women
by Harris, Betty J.
- qt8jg8r8zz Comparative Ethnicity: Salient Policy Issues and Research Agenda
by Oliver, Melvin O. & Johnson, James H. Jr.
- qt8927m6mp New York City's Informal Economy
by Sassen, Saskia
- qt87v8r6z2 On the Costs of Being American Indian: Ethnic Identity and Economic Opportunity
by Snipp, C. Matthew
- qt85b0z47f Some Problems in the Sociology of the Ethnic Economy
by Cobas, Jose A.
- qt6s3927f4 Hispanic Suburbanization in Los Angeles: Social Arrival and Barrio Formation
by Estrada, Leobardo F.
- qt6bc3v3p8 Meritocracy and Diversity in Higher Education: Discrimination Against Asian-Americans in the Post-Bakke Era
by Wang, L. Ling-Chi
- qt6913h259 Residential Segregation and Acculturation: An Examination of Patterns in California in 1980
by Langberg, Mark & Farley, Reynolds
- qt5gc241zw Blacks and Cubans in Metropolitan Miami's Changing Economy
by Rose, Harold M.
- qt5c83023b Blacks and Other Racial Minorities: The Significance of Color in Inequality
by Darden, Joe T.
- qt5bn201sg Place, Politics and Ethnicity in the Contemporary American City
by Shelley, Fred M. & Jablonsky, Thomas J. & Harris, Betty J.
- qt56q3d310 Mexican Labor in Los Angeles
by Ong, Paul M. & Morales, Rebecca
- qt4hw7c4qt The Politics of Cultural Diversity: Racial and Ethnic Mass Attitudes in California
by Gilliam, Franklin D. Jr.
- qt498361pz Exclusion of the Majority: Shrinking College Access and Public Policy in Metropolitan Los Angeles
by Orfield, Gary
- qt46q6n80r Ethnic Dilemmas in Comparative Perspective: An Overview
by Johnson, James H. Jr. & Oliver, Melvin L.
- qt2dr328b6 Local Economy and Ethnic Entrepreneurs
by Light, Ivan
- qt1h1973qp Changing Chicano Gangs: Acculturation, Generational Change, Evolution of Deviance or Emerging Underclass?
by Moore, Joan
- qt14m3n2pm Ethnicity, Employment and Migration
by Wilson, Franklin D. & Tienda, Marta
- qt0mq0r5d6 Recent Racial Incidents in Higher Education: A Contemporary Perspective
by Farrell, Walter C. Jr. & Jones, Cloyzelle K.
- qt0925b15p Alternative Thesis of Minority Mobility: Comparing Los Angeles County West Indians and Chinese
by Arnold, Faye W.
- qt00d9q2b2 Race, Ethnicity and Employment, 1970-1985
by Sandefur, Gary D. & Powers, Dan
- qt9x36g2xv The Comparative Sociology of Women Lawyers: The "Feminization" of the Legal Profession
by Menkel-Meadow, Carrie
- qt9383b501 Work and Women's Health: The Role of Job-Based Social Support
by Browner, C. H.
- qt90h0v02j Disciplinary Differences in Research Performance by Female Academicians: The Effect of the Proportion of Women
by Rebne, Douglas
- qt8316h7xg An Approach to CATI Instrument Management Design Utilizing the Properties of Logical Structures
by Futterman, Matthew
- qt6rh842xj Recovery from Unemplyment in Latina Women After a Plant Closure
by Castro, Felipe G. & Romero, Gloria J.
- qt5b42g3s5 Some Implications of Maternal Employment for the Mother and the Family
by Tangney, June Price & Feshbach, Norma Deitch
- qt5080n5nv Work and Family Roles and Women's Mental Health
by Repetti, Rena L.
- qt4n09p8vs Physical Activity on the Job: Effects on Birth Outcomes and Implications for Public Policy
by Gardin, Susan K.
- qt4kp677k1 Workforce Flexibility: Implications for Women Workers
by Christopherson, Susan
- qt36k043k5 Sex Differences in the Allocation of Work Effort Among Professionals and Managers
by Bielby, Denise D. & Bielby, William T.
- qt1rn1s820 Sex Object and Worker: Incompatible Images of Women
by Gutek, Barbara A. & Dunwoody, Verna
- qt1633r3hx Gender and the Choice of Physicians' Employment Status
by Custer, William S. & Dimon, Denise
- qt1192n0kr Women, Work, and Welfare: The Need for a Community Model
by Welch, Mary Beth
- qt8cp4b4j2 Ethnic Officeholders and Party Activists in Los Angeles County
by Guerra, Fernando J. & Marvick, Dwaine
- qt85x2q9hk Occupational Status Attainment Among Ethnic Groups in Los Angeles
by Treiman, Donald J. & Lew, Vivian & Lee, Hye-Kyung & Brown, Thad A.
- qt7mb2n3qn The UCLA Asian Pacific American Voter Registration Study
by Nakanishi, Don T.
- qt5ss7c039 Learning About Bilingual, Multicultural Organizing
by Heskin, Allan David & Heffner, Robert
- qt54d5s0q5 Are the Characterisitcs of Exiles Different from Immigrants? The Case of Iranians in Los Angeles
by Sabagh, Georges & Bozorgmehr, Mehdi
- qt4ds7m7mt Sex Ratio Imbalance Among Los Angeles Afro-Americans
by Tucker, M. Belinda
- qt2g06k60f The Social Coalition Character of the Democratic and Republican Precinct Cadres in Detroit, 1956-1984
by Eldersveld, Samuel J.
- qt27q3z2tz Party Coalitions and Ethnic Divisions in a Multi-Ethnic City
by Petrocik, John R. & Patterson, Dennis P.
- qt2754j9z5 An Investigation of the Response Rates in a Random Digit Dialed Telephone Survey of Southern California
by Dull, Valerie T. & Kosterman, Rick
- qt1c16c4sc Beyond the Neighborhood: The Spatial Distribution of Social Ties in Three Urban Black Communities
by Oliver, Melvin L.
- qt0xt617pk Sources of Stress in Latino Women Experiencing Unemployment After a Plant Closure
by Castro, Felipe & Romero, Gloria & Cervantes, Richard C.
- qt013317jw Post-Industrialization and the Social Organization of Afro-Trinidadian Immigrants in Los Angeles
by Ho, Christine G.T.
- qt42x389nw The Sexually Active Mexican Adolescent: A Preliminary Report
by Becerra, Rosina M. & Fielder, Eve P.
- qt1cz5h2j9 Contraceptive Knowledge and Intentions Among Latina Teenagers Experiencing Their First Birth
by Erickson, Pamela I. & Scrimshaw, Susan C.M.