Why Might Organic Labels Fail to Influence Consumer Choices? Marginal Labelling and Brand Equity Effects
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Consumer Policy.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100283
Organic label; Brand equity; Label equity; Cobranding; Perceived quality;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zanoli, Raffaele & Naspetti, Simona, 2002. "Consumer motivations in the purchase of organic food. A means-end approach," MPRA Paper 32712, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carpenter, Marie & Larceneux, Fabrice, 2008. "Label equity and the effectiveness of values-based labels: an experiment with two French Protected Geographic Indication labels," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5475, Paris Dauphine University.
- Lebar, Ed & Buehler, Phil & Keller, Kevin Lane & Sawicka, Monika & Aksehirli, Zeynep & Richey, Keith, 2005. "Brand Equity Implications of Joint Branding Programs," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(04), pages 413-425, December.
- Boulding, William & Kirmani, Amna, 1993. " A Consumer-Side Experimental Examination of Signaling Theory: Do Consumers Perceive Warranties as Signals of Quality?," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(1), pages 111-23, June.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-83, December.
- Gary D. Thompson, 1998. "Consumer Demand for Organic Foods: What We Know and What We Need to Know," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1113-1118.
- Johnson, Richard D & Levin, Irwin P, 1985. " More than Meets the Eye: The Effect of Missing Information on Purchase Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(2), pages 169-77, September.
- Golan, Elise H. & Kuchler, Fred & Mitchell, Lorraine, 2000. "Economics Of Food Labeling," Agricultural Economics Reports 34069, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Pearce, David W, 1991. "The Role of Carbon Taxes in Adjusting to Global Warming," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 938-48, July.
- Tansev Geylani & J. Jeffrey Inman & Frenkel Ter Hofstede, 2008. "Image Reinforcement or Impairment: The Effects of Co-Branding on Attribute Uncertainty," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 730-744, 07-08.
- Gabriele Jahn & Matthias Schramm & Achim Spiller, 2005. "The Reliability of Certification: Quality Labels as a Consumer Policy Tool," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 53-73, December.
- Klaus G. Grunert, 2005. "Food quality and safety: consumer perception and demand," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 369-391, September.
- Ippolito, Pauline M, 1990. "Bonding and Nonbonding Signals of Product Quality," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages 41-60, January.
- Rao, Akshay R & Monroe, Kent B, 1988. " The Moderating Effect of Prior Knowledge on Cue Utilization in Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(2), pages 253-64, September.
- Birger Wernerfelt, 1988. "Umbrella Branding as a Signal of New Product Quality: An Example of Signalling by Posting a Bond," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 458-466, Autumn.
- Jutta Roosen & Jayson L. Lusk & John A. Fox, 2003.
"Consumer demand for and attitudes toward alternative beef labeling strategies in France, Germany, and the UK,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(1), pages 77-90.
- Roosen, Jutta & Lusk, Jayson L. & Fox, John A., 2001. "Consumer Demand For And Attitudes Toward Alternative Beef Labeling Strategies In France, Germany, And The Uk," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20643, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sebastian Koos, 2011. "Varieties of Environmental Labelling, Market Structures, and Sustainable Consumption Across Europe: A Comparative Analysis of Organizational and Market Supply Determinants of Environmental-Labelled Go," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 127-151, March.
- Kirmani, Amna & Wright, Peter, 1989. " Money Talks: Perceived Advertising Expense and Expected Product Quality," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(3), pages 344-53, December.
- Huang, Chung L, 1996. "Consumer Preferences and Attitudes towards Organically Grown Produce," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 331-42.
- McGarry Wolf, Marianne & Butler, Leslie J. & Martin, Adam J. & Foltz, Jeremy D., 2009. "Factors Influencing the Purchase Decision for Milk Labelled rBST-free and Organic," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 40(1), March.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-54, July/Aug..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.