Why Might Organic Labels Fail to Influence Consumer Choices? Marginal Labelling and Brand Equity Effects
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Consumer Policy.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100283
Organic label; Brand equity; Label equity; Cobranding; Perceived quality;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sebastian Koos, 2011. "Varieties of Environmental Labelling, Market Structures, and Sustainable Consumption Across Europe: A Comparative Analysis of Organizational and Market Supply Determinants of Environmental-Labelled Go," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 127-151, March.
- Gary D. Thompson, 1998. "Consumer Demand for Organic Foods: What We Know and What We Need to Know," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1113-1118.
- Boulding, William & Kirmani, Amna, 1993. " A Consumer-Side Experimental Examination of Signaling Theory: Do Consumers Perceive Warranties as Signals of Quality?," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(1), pages 111-23, June.
- Kirmani, Amna & Wright, Peter, 1989. " Money Talks: Perceived Advertising Expense and Expected Product Quality," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(3), pages 344-53, December.
- Lebar, Ed & Buehler, Phil & Keller, Kevin Lane & Sawicka, Monika & Aksehirli, Zeynep & Richey, Keith, 2005. "Brand Equity Implications of Joint Branding Programs," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(04), pages 413-425, December.
- Birgelen, Marcel van & Ruyter, Ko de & Wetzels, Martin, 2000. "The impact of incomplete information on the use of marketing research intelligence in international service settings: an experimental study," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-5953, Maastricht University.
- Ippolito, Pauline M, 1990. "Bonding and Nonbonding Signals of Product Quality," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages 41-60, January.
- Rao, Akshay R & Monroe, Kent B, 1988. " The Moderating Effect of Prior Knowledge on Cue Utilization in Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(2), pages 253-64, September.
- Golan, Elise H. & Kuchler, Fred & Mitchell, Lorraine, 2000. "Economics Of Food Labeling," Agricultural Economics Reports 34069, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Gabriele Jahn & Matthias Schramm & Achim Spiller, 2005. "The Reliability of Certification: Quality Labels as a Consumer Policy Tool," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 53-73, December.
- Birger Wernerfelt, 1988. "Umbrella Branding as a Signal of New Product Quality: An Example of Signalling by Posting a Bond," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 458-466, Autumn.
- Huang, Chung L, 1996. "Consumer Preferences and Attitudes towards Organically Grown Produce," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 331-42.
- Tansev Geylani & J. Jeffrey Inman & Frenkel Ter Hofstede, 2008. "Image Reinforcement or Impairment: The Effects of Co-Branding on Attribute Uncertainty," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 730-744, 07-08.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-54, July/Aug..
- Klaus G. Grunert, 2005. "Food quality and safety: consumer perception and demand," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 369-391, September.
- Carpenter, Marie & Larceneux, Fabrice, 2008. "Label equity and the effectiveness of values-based labels: an experiment with two French Protected Geographic Indication labels," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5475, Paris Dauphine University.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-83, December.
- Zanoli, Raffaele & Naspetti, Simona, 2002. "Consumer motivations in the purchase of organic food. A means-end approach," MPRA Paper 32712, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johnson, Richard D & Levin, Irwin P, 1985. " More than Meets the Eye: The Effect of Missing Information on Purchase Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(2), pages 169-77, September.
- Jutta Roosen & Jayson L. Lusk & John A. Fox, 2003.
"Consumer demand for and attitudes toward alternative beef labeling strategies in France, Germany, and the UK,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(1), pages 77-90.
- Roosen, Jutta & Lusk, Jayson L. & Fox, John A., 2001. "Consumer Demand For And Attitudes Toward Alternative Beef Labeling Strategies In France, Germany, And The Uk," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20643, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pearce, David W, 1991. "The Role of Carbon Taxes in Adjusting to Global Warming," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 938-48, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.