A Bio-Economic Model of Community Incentives for Wildlife Management Under CAMPFIRE
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists in its journal Environmental and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 48 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263
Bio-economics; Benefit sharing; CAMPFIRE; Conservation; Elephants; Hunting quotas; Poaching; Renewable resources; Wildlife; H1; Q20;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Skonhoft, Anders & Solstad, Jan Tore, 1998. "Investing in Wildlife: Can Wildlife Pay Its Way?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 7(2), pages 237-62, July.
- Paul J. Ferraro & R. David Simpson, 2002. "The Cost-Effectiveness of Conservation Payments," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(3), pages 339-353.
- Brandon, Katrina Eadie & Wells, Michael, 1992. "Planning for people and parks: Design dilemmas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 557-570, April.
- Khanna, Jyoti & Harford, Jon, 1996. "The ivory trade ban: Is it effective?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 147-155, November.
- PID Kinyua & G Cornelis van Kooten & EH Bulte, 2000. "African wildlife policy: protecting wildlife herbivores on private game ranches," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 227-244, June.
- Mark Sellenthin & GÃ¶ran Skogh, 2004. "Property Rights in Endangered Species: The Wolverine Case," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 239-247, September.
- Bulte, Erwin H. & Horan, Richard D., 2003.
"Habitat conservation, wildlife extraction and agricultural expansion,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 109-127, January.
- Bulte, E.H. & Horan, R.D., 2003. "Habitat conservation, wildlife extraction and agricultural expansion," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-112507, Tilburg University.
- Schulz, Carl-Erik & Skonhoft, Anders, 1996. "Wildlife management, land-use and conflicts," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 265-280, July.
- Erwin H. Bulte & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 1999. "Economics of Antipoaching Enforcement and the Ivory Trade Ban," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(2), pages 453-466.
- Daniel Rondeau & Jon M. Conrad, 2003. "Managing Urban Deer," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 266-281.
- Skonhoft, Anders, 1998. "Resource utilization, property rights and welfare--Wildlife and the local people," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 67-80, July.
- Mukanjari, Samson & Muchapondwa, Edwin & Zikhali, Precious & Bednar-Friedl, Birgit, 2012.
"Evaluating the Prospects of Benefit Sharing Schemes in Protecting Mountain Gorillas in Central Africa,"
dp-12-16-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Samson Mukanjari, Edwin Muchapondwa, Precious Zikhali and Birgit Bednar-Friedl, 2012. "Evaluating the Prospects of Benefit Sharing Schemes in Protecting Mountain Gorillas in Central Africa," Working Papers 321, Economic Research Southern Africa.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.