Planning for people and parks: Design dilemmas
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 20 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anders Skonhoft & Anne Borge Johannesen, 2004.
"Tourism, Poaching and Wildlife Conservation: What can Integrated Conservation and Development Projects accomplish?,"
Working Paper Series
4504, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Johannesen, Anne Borge & Skonhoft, Anders, 2005. "Tourism, poaching and wildlife conservation: what can integrated conservation and development projects accomplish?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 208-226, October.
- Abbot, Joanne I. O. & Thomas, David H. L. & Gardner, Anne A. & Neba, Sama E. & Khen, Mbony W., 2001. "Understanding the Links Between Conservation and Development in the Bamenda Highlands, Cameroon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1115-1136, July.
- Carolyn Fischer & Edwin Muchapondwa & Thomas Sterner, 2011. "A Bio-Economic Model of Community Incentives for Wildlife Management Under CAMPFIRE," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(2), pages 303-319, February.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Marks, Stuart A., 1995. "Transforming rural hunters into conservationists: An assessment of community-based wildlife management programs in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 941-957, June.
- Hayes, Tanya M., 2006. "Parks, People, and Forest Protection: An Institutional Assessment of the Effectiveness of Protected Areas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2064-2075, December.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Lybbert, Travis J., 2000.
"Is bioprospecting a viable strategy for conserving tropical ecosystems?,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 293-300, September.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Lybbert, Travis J., 1999. "Is Bioprospecting A Viable Strategy for Conserving Tropical Ecosystems?," Working Papers 127695, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Salafsky, Nick & Wollenberg, Eva, 2000. "Linking Livelihoods and Conservation: A Conceptual Framework and Scale for Assessing the Integration of Human Needs and Biodiversity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1421-1438, August.
- Anne Borge Johannesen, 2004. "Wildlife Conservation Policies and Incentives to Hunt: An empirical analysis of illegal hunting in western Serengeti, Tanzania," Working Paper Series 3804, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Arcese, Peter, 1995. "Are Integrated Conservation-Development Projects (ICDPs) Sustainable? On the conservation of large mammals in sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1073-1084, July.
- Naidu, Sirisha C., 2013. "Legal exclusions, private wealth and livelihoods: An analysis of work time allocation in protected areas," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 82-91.
- Wainwright, Carla & Wehrmeyer, Walter, 1998. "Success in integrating conservation and development? A study from Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 933-944, June.
- Jogo, Wellington & Hassan, Rashid, 2010. "Balancing the use of wetlands for economic well-being and ecological security: The case of the Limpopo wetland in southern Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1569-1579, May.
- David Hulme & Marshall Murphree, 1999. "Communities, wildlife and the 'new conservation' in Africa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 277-285.
- Oliver Deke, 2004. "Financing National Protected Area Networks Internationally � The Global Environment Facility as a Multilateral Mechanism of Transfer," Kiel Working Papers 1227, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Bandara, Ranjith & Tisdell, Clement A., 2003. "Willingness of Sri Lankan Farmers to pay for a Scheme to Conserve Elephants: An Empirical Analysis," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 48954, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Ferraro, Paul J., 2002. "The local costs of establishing protected areas in low-income nations: Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 261-275, December.
- Dressler, Wolfram & Roth, Robin, 2011. "The Good, the Bad, and the Contradictory: Neoliberal Conservation Governance in Rural Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 851-862, May.
- Anne Borge Johannesen, 2003. "Designing Integrated Conservation and Development Projects (ICDPs): Illegal hunting, wildlife conservation and the welfare of the local people," Working Paper Series 3704, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.