Planning for people and parks: Design dilemmas
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 20 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johannesen, Anne Borge & Skonhoft, Anders, 2005. "Tourism, poaching and wildlife conservation: what can integrated conservation and development projects accomplish?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 208-226, October.
- Hayes, Tanya M., 2006. "Parks, People, and Forest Protection: An Institutional Assessment of the Effectiveness of Protected Areas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2064-2075, December.
- Salafsky, Nick & Wollenberg, Eva, 2000. "Linking Livelihoods and Conservation: A Conceptual Framework and Scale for Assessing the Integration of Human Needs and Biodiversity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1421-1438, August.
- Carolyn Fischer & Edwin Muchapondwa & Thomas Sterner, 2011. "A Bio-Economic Model of Community Incentives for Wildlife Management Under CAMPFIRE," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(2), pages 303-319, February.
- Abbot, Joanne I. O. & Thomas, David H. L. & Gardner, Anne A. & Neba, Sama E. & Khen, Mbony W., 2001. "Understanding the Links Between Conservation and Development in the Bamenda Highlands, Cameroon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1115-1136, July.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Lybbert, Travis J., 2000.
"Is bioprospecting a viable strategy for conserving tropical ecosystems?,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 293-300, September.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Lybbert, Travis J., 1999. "Is Bioprospecting A Viable Strategy for Conserving Tropical Ecosystems?," Working Papers 127695, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Jogo, Wellington & Hassan, Rashid, 2010. "Balancing the use of wetlands for economic well-being and ecological security: The case of the Limpopo wetland in southern Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1569-1579, May.
- David Hulme & Marshall Murphree, 1999. "Communities, wildlife and the 'new conservation' in Africa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 277-285.
- Anne Borge Johannesen, 2004. "Wildlife Conservation Policies and Incentives to Hunt: An empirical analysis of illegal hunting in western Serengeti, Tanzania," Working Paper Series 3804, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Anders Skonhoft & Anne Borge Johannesen, 2004. "Tourism, Poaching and Wildlife Conservation: What can Integrated Conservation and Development Projects accomplish?," Working Paper Series 4504, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Anne Borge Johannesen, 2003. "Designing Integrated Conservation and Development Projects (ICDPs): Illegal hunting, wildlife conservation and the welfare of the local people," Working Paper Series 3704, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Oliver Deke, 2004. "Financing National Protected Area Networks Internationally � The Global Environment Facility as a Multilateral Mechanism of Transfer," Kiel Working Papers 1227, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Wainwright, Carla & Wehrmeyer, Walter, 1998. "Success in integrating conservation and development? A study from Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 933-944, June.
- Dressler, Wolfram & Roth, Robin, 2011. "The Good, the Bad, and the Contradictory: Neoliberal Conservation Governance in Rural Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 851-862, May.
- Ferraro, Paul J., 2002. "The local costs of establishing protected areas in low-income nations: Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 261-275, December.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Marks, Stuart A., 1995. "Transforming rural hunters into conservationists: An assessment of community-based wildlife management programs in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 941-957, June.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Arcese, Peter, 1995. "Are Integrated Conservation-Development Projects (ICDPs) Sustainable? On the conservation of large mammals in sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1073-1084, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.